Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 05-01-2021  #1

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Great job, @Anjok! I'm happy with using UVR. Recently I built a new system (based on AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 8 GB's of RAM). I need to upgrade my graphics card, because the one I've been using for about 10 years is dying... Processing a song takes about 5-9 minutes (@320 window size). I want my new graphics card to be as cheap as possible (I'm not a gamer), so I decided to get some NVidia GT 1030 2GB card. Will I be able to use the "GPU Conversion" option with that card and will it be any faster than the "CPU Conversion" on my Ryzen 5 2600 machine? Any help would be highly appreciated. Stay safe, guys!
    Last edited by NewAgeRipper; 05-01-2021 at 10:50.

2. 05-01-2021  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arigato78 View Post
    Great job, @Anjok! I'm happy with using UVR. Recently I built a new system (based on AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 8 GB's of RAM). I need to upgrade my graphics card, because the one I've been using for about 10 years is dying... Processing a song takes about 5-9 minutes (@320 window size). I want my new graphics card to be as cheap as possible (I'm not a gamer), so I decided to get some NVidia GT 1030 2GB card. Will I be able to use the "GPU Conversion" option with that card and will it be any faster than the "CPU Conversion" on my Ryzen 5 2600 machine? Any help would be highly appreciated. Stay safe, guys!
    I'd personally advise getting 1050 with 4GB at least. (unless the price difference is huge)
    That's what I have and at the best Windows size (272) a song takes about 2-3 mins, while at 320 under a minute. I find it not slow at all.

Also, mine is on a laptop so I'd guess the desktop version of that chip would be more powerful? Not sure.

3. 05-01-2021  #3

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    I'd personally advise getting 1050 with 4GB at least. (unless the price difference is huge)
    That's what I have and at the best Windows size (272) a song takes about 2-3 mins, while at 320 under a minute. I find it not slow at all.

Also, mine is on a laptop so I'd guess the desktop version of that chip would be more powerful? Not sure.
    Thank you, djtayz for your suggestion and experience. These processing times are impressive. I also thought about GTX 1050 Ti 4GB as a second option. And I think this will be the right choice for me. :-)