1. 01-10-2012  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi Guys!

My son, now in high school, started playing guitar about 7 years ago (give or take). I've tried, but I think I'm too old to learn that new trick. But, I'm still in my 40s so I thought I'd try learning the bass guitar ;) BTW, that's not intended at all to be a diss to bass players out there. I have a LOT of respect for *real* bass players, which I am not nor will ever be. But I like accompany my son and we enjoy playing together. I can play simple bass lines, and for the more complicated songs I cheat :-) meaning I hit a note every now and then. Again, I've seen some bass players do some awesome stuff which I will never come close to (not even in my dreams), but the nice thing about bass is that you can play along and hopefully help out a little, or at least *feel* like you're contributing ;-)

Anyway, I've been looking for multitracks for a LONG time, so my son and I could jam along with the rest of the band playing drums, vocals, etc. I knew the tracks from Rock Band were around, and got those, but I was always on the lookout for other stuff. I was more than willing to buy them direct from the source (record company), but it just doesn't look like they make that stuff available. Then I found this place!

I like a lot of different music. The stuff I already have, most/all of which you already have posted here, is great for me and my son to play together, but I've been looking for some harder to find stuff that i can plan when i want to mellow out. E.g. Van Morrison's "Someone Like You", which I have still yet to find; Elvis Costello's "She"; 10,000 Maniacs "Trouble Me"; Marvin Gaye "Mercy, Mercy Me" are some examples of the stuff I want to play. But I also like song like the Ramone's "I Wanna Be Sedated" :-)

Anyway, that's probably too long of an introduction!

Thanks for having me.

-Bins

2. 01-10-2012  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Welcome to LR :)
    If any of my links are dead, just PM me requesting to re-up.