You have already rated this thread
  1. 06-02-2011  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nordic Stars - Crying In The Rain (MaiiQ 2011 Remix)

I bring this then is something he has done for several months. He hung on small tweaks, but due to the large number of open projects, I have decided to terminate it. This is my second remix (the first made of 100% for me). The song chosen was "Nordic Stars - Crying In The Rain", which I tried to give a more personal touch to find my hands up style. I find it difficult to explain this new production in words, I leave in your hands the decision to listen or download it. Just hope you like it and please comment, both for good and for evil.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/themusiquore/nordic-stars-crying-in-the[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Download
    Last edited by MaiiQ; 06-02-2011 at 15:55.

2. 21-02-2011  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Pretty decent effort. I like the arrangement and especially the breakdown at 2:23 - 2:43. Go hip hop drums!

The glaring issue I notice that you could start to practice and work on is that the vocals are completely dry. Having your vocals this way, puts it far out in front of the mix. If you think of your track on a stage, your mix as it is currently would have all the instrumentalists on stage while the vocalist is in the audience right next to you. That would sound a little weird no?

To start, I'd listen to 2:47 - 2:60 the way it is. Then add appropriate reverb / delay till you enjoy it. If you change nothing but add some reverb and slight delay, the mix will instantly be 2x more enjoyable.

ProTip: Don't go crazy with the verb/delay - It will make the mix muddy.

Obviously, doing vocal delays similar to the original would require extensive automation at the end of the phrases but you could take some cues in how to apply natural sounding delays from the original: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nM-FNmb6DY
    ^Try to focus your listening on how there are more delays towards and at the ends of her phrases
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us