Quote Originally Posted by AMV12 View Post
It's tricky to call. I've listened to the instrumental version floating around the internet which allowed me to hear some more of the details that would normally be buried under the vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC1G_hTOSA

I lined up some bits from the snippet to the instrumental in audacity and tried an A-B comparison. The only major differences I could hear was that at 2:32 on the instrumental, that fast low synth bit is slowly panning left to right, and the eq is very different, but then again it could be re-created using any decent software. The instruments themselves sound real, they don't sound like any karaoke version i've heard. I'd like to think I could soon tell if a song didn't sound right :)

I reckon there is a good chance of it being real, but it's whether they will actually send the files they have in full and in the same quality (i.e. not sending low bitrate/sample rate tracks that are pretty much useless) I'd hate for anyone to get scammed over this. Especially considering this individual has a known dodgy past as well; and I still have a question mark over the "bass" part.
I know what you mean, it's always a possibility especially if you are a paranoid neurotic freak like me :p but the bass completely kills it. It's very easy to replicate those other non-concert stems parts if you can identify the plugin they used. They've already tried to recreate the piano and they've used it as an alleged real sample.