1. 08-05-2011  #1

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just found out I'm Facebook friends with the guy who punched Deadmau5 in the face.

lol. For your information, Birdee's is a terrible club. As are all in Brisbane.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/05/04/deadmau5-punched-by-fellow-dj-australia/

Superstar Canadian DJ Deadmau5 was apparently assaulted Sunday (May 1) by a fellow DJ during an after-party in Brisbane, Australia.

"Well the opening 'dj' at the club decided to have a go at me," Deadmau5 said via Twitter. "So f--- him and f--- that club. I left."

According to NME, Deadmau5 -- who had performed at Creamfields earlier in the evening -- was attending the party at the Birdee Num Num when he approached a local DJ and asked him to change the song selections and walked away.

"Opening DJ came at me later in the night and decided to punch me in the back of the head," Deadmau5, born Joel Zimmerman, wrote via Twitter. A previous tweet added "Thank God for Creamfields tonight, cause the music at the after party is f---ing god awful."

There is no word as to if Deadmau5 was sporting his massive, titular mouse head at the time of the incident. Nor is there info regarding the identity of the assailant or if any charges may be laid, but Australian producer Sampology reportedly added more information via Twitter -- though it appears the post has been deleted since then.

"Just found out a mate of mine punched Deadmau5 in the head at the Creamfields after party," he wrote. "Apparently my mate was DJing and Deadmau5 was harassing him for his tune selection and got up in his space so he dropped him."

2. 08-05-2011  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    to be fair it sounds he deserved it. sounds like an arrogant chap. if i didn't like the music playing in a club i would just leave and go to another club, simple.
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

3. 09-05-2011  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He IS an arrogant guy, but I think he wasn't there of his own volition, he was booked to play after.

As a DJ, I do completely agree with him saying there is no artistry in playing other people's productions at the same tempo. Good producers > Good DJ's.

4. 12-05-2011  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    if you're a resident warming up for Deadmau5, and he asks you to change the music so it will go into his set better....why the hell would you bitch about it? Only if your ego is so big that you think you're better than him