1. 16-07-2023  #51

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGangsta View Post
    Any chance of an update to the folder? There's been quite a few ATMOS releases since the late update.
    That would be awesome if we got an update.

2. 09-08-2023  #52

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Unfortunately the method I was using has been broken for me a bit. So I'm using a new method.
    Both Google and Microsoft fucked me here. I was using Google Colab mixed with a Shared drive to download the atmos stuff to, which helped me to keep track of what's already downloaded because the downloader would skip them if they exist and I had basically unlimited space to work with AND the terminal I was using to do the downloading had my shared drives mounted to it. From there I was initially sharing through Google Drive but had tons of copyright emails daily so I switched to OneDrive. I had 5TB to use but ended up getting warnings and emails and files randomly deleted or replaced with a 0 size copy of it (just a name, no file content).

So, now I'm using a VPS with Linux on it to download them. However I can only afford one that has 128GB of space, so keeping all the downloads to make sure the downloader skips existing content doesn't work. Instead I have to manually check or just double upload every now and then.

In the existing OneDrive I've moved all the previous content to an Archive folder and made a .url that leads to https://t.me/atmosrips which is where I'll be posting zips of Atmos albums and sometimes .m4a files of the singles / whatnot. I use Tidal for the source mainly and Amazon as a backup when it's not on Tidal. I'll definitely take requests but it's a weird process to get you guys to list the requests in a way to maximize efficiency by listing them with a number that corresponds to the single/album and you returning a list of numbers with a space separating them so I can download all the requests. There are several lists all populated by the Atmos explore section on Tidal's mobile app/API.

Idk how much of this info was human readable/understandable but I want to say I'm continuing, just struggling to do so.
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I値l get back much faster than a message on here.)

3. 09-08-2023  #53

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    [Removed]
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I値l get back much faster than a message on here.)

4. 09-08-2023  #54

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Taurean View Post
    I meant posting here.

We have no proper area to post these rips on this site.

Forgot to quote on my last reply.

I think having an area for these could be good. Then we wouldn't lose a whole backup all in one go. They'd be separate uploads from likely many different people. People could even just take them from my new Telegram channel and re-upload for others who don't use Telegram.
    Last edited by burntscarr; 10-08-2023 at 20:57.

5. 09-08-2023  #55

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burntscarr View Post
    Forgot to quote on my last reply.

I think having an area for these could be good. Then we wouldn't a whole backup all in one go. They'd be separate uploads from likely many different people. People could even just take them from my new Telegram channel and re-upload for others who don't use Telegram.
    Just joined telegram for the first time and now see the download list, this will keep me busy for a while. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

6. 10-08-2023  #56

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    Just joined telegram for the first time and now see the download list, this will keep me busy for a while. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
    I think the best thing would be to start a spreadsheet now while it's still early and not too many posts.

The spreadsheet would have columns for Artist, Song, and Link where Link is a link to the telegram post.
    I plan to start on that soon-ish.

7. 11-08-2023  #57

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    866 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by burntscarr View Post
    I think the best thing would be to start a spreadsheet now while it's still early and not too many posts.

The spreadsheet would have columns for Artist, Song, and Link where Link is a link to the telegram post.
    I plan to start on that soon-ish.
    Sounds good!

8. 28-09-2023  #58

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    Thought I'd paste this here as ChatGPT made a really good explanation for someone who gets the basics already:

Spatial audio and object-based audio are advanced audio technologies that aim to provide a more immersive and realistic audio experience in various media, including movies, music, and virtual reality. Here's a brief overview of each:

1. Spatial Audio:
    - Spatial audio is a technology that creates a three-dimensional sound field, allowing listeners to perceive sound coming from different directions and distances, similar to how we hear sounds in the real world.
    - It's often used in immersive audio experiences, such as virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR), to enhance the sense of presence and immersion.
    - Spatial audio can be achieved using various techniques, including binaural audio (simulating how we hear with two ears), ambisonics (a full-sphere surround sound technique), and multi-channel speaker setups.
    - It's commonly used in gaming, movie theaters, and VR applications to provide a more realistic and engaging auditory experience.

2. Object-Based Audio:
    - Object-based audio is a flexible audio format that allows sound designers and content creators to manipulate individual audio objects within an audio scene. Each object represents a sound source, such as a character's voice, a musical instrument, or a special effect.
    - Unlike traditional channel-based audio, where audio is mixed for specific speaker configurations (e.g., stereo, 5.1, 7.1), object-based audio is not tied to a fixed speaker setup. Instead, it contains metadata that describes how each audio object should be rendered based on the playback system's capabilities.
    - This flexibility enables content to adapt to various playback environments, from headphones to high-end surround sound systems.
    - Object-based audio is commonly used in interactive media, allowing real-time adjustments of audio objects based on user interactions or environmental factors.

Both spatial audio and object-based audio technologies aim to provide a more immersive and adaptable audio experience, whether you're watching a movie, playing a game, or engaging with virtual environments. They are at the forefront of audio innovation, enhancing the way we perceive and interact with sound in various forms of media.