My usual posting routine is this:

1) search for the exact thing I'm about to post.
2) if there's no results, I go ahead and post it.
3) if there ARE results in the relevant corresponding section (stems, acapellas or instrus), I open each thread to see what's in there and I pay attention to the comments to see if anyone is mentioning a dead link or other comments as to the legitimacy or nature of the posted content.

If it's different to what I'm about to post (such as higher quality or superior format - MP3>WAV), then I go ahead and post. If it's the same, then I don't post it. The whole process takes me under 30 seconds. It's not exactly a Herculean labour.

The reason I'm talking about this is because there's far too much clutter on Lite, with people reposting far too much existing stuff that has been up for a long time and is still up today, or even stuff that was shared more recently - as a cheap attempt to get more download credits.

This is not something that just new members do, but members who have been on Lite for at least a year and should know better, but clearly don't care as long as they get their free credits. The problem is compounded when they don't even bother specifying what they're posting in the form of format/bitrate/contents, which leads to people wasting their own credits just so they see what it is.

My suggestion is this:

Since El Capitan and co have made several changes to the site in recent times, changes that serve to improve function & the running of the community, I propose another change. One that will hopefully serve as a clutter-deterrent.

A penalty of -20 credits for every confirmed double post - including "mega packs" of material that already exists on Lite in the same or superior format + quality.

With the surge of leaks in recent times, the clutter issue is just getting worse. People post whatever comes to mind just to increase their credit score, so they can download more. And based on the comments in said doubleposts, I'm not the first person to be irritated by this.