Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
    I made it to the conversion step and then got an error I can't figure out;

Happened to me too. I wrote pip3 install numba==0.48.0 (or change it to 0.50.0) and I think that fixed it for me .

2. 12-05-2020  #52

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Yep, that fixed it! Thanks :) I also needed to use wav files (mp3's won't work, at least not on my system).

I threw a couple of the toughest conversions that I know of at it to see. On the whole, the primary AI over in the other topic is superior, at least presently, in that this one has more trace vocal across the tracks, like a lingering echo instead of the static the other one gives ... but both are in the same ballpark, which is way ahead of any other program.

One fascinating thing though, is that this one actually seems to handle some things BETTER than the other.. though I'd need to do more testing to see. I'd say this is the exception, not the rule ... but... For example, Steven Wilson - Blackest Eyes it does a poorer job of the verse sections, but does a superior job on the bridge. On Smashing Pumpkins - JellyBelly it does a poorer job on the overall vocals, since there is trace bleed here, and the other AI eliminates it entirely, ... but on certain parts of the song, the other AI completely fails to remove any vocals at all, and this one does not do a perfect job by any stretch, but it does a noteworthy better job on those parts.

I've had very little time to test, and I know that there are more builds to come (which I look forward to), just very early observations. Genre specific models fascinate me as well ... what if that one part in a Rock song converts better with a Pop oriented model and can be sliced in with the rest of the song converted with the Rock model to create a complete product? I'm already getting that vibe just comparing this model with the other one. Even failing that, more diverse coverage of quality results is likely.

3. 12-05-2020  #53

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Got the new AI up and running and decided on Gerry Rafferty's Baker Street and what a awesome job it did. Some instruments ended up on the vocal track but I just put them back in the instrumental track. This conversion took three hours for completion..

Instrumental
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/qtla5...nstruments.mp3

4. 12-05-2020  #54

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    i eventually got it working but it must hog everything on laptop.........chucked a halestorm song at it .........15 and a half hours.........no chance.......so threw it into my sons gaming desktop.........16 seconds later the song was done

PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input SLFNEW.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    loading wave source... done
    stft of wave source... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 43/43 [00:18<00:00, 2.30it/s]
    inverse stft of instruments... done
    inverse stft of vocals... done
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input SMITH.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 69/69 [00:28<00:00, 2.39it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input ZZYZX.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 54/54 [00:22<00:00, 2.35it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input HILL.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 50/50 [00:23<00:00, 2.11it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input CHAOS.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 40/40 [00:18<00:00, 2.20it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input JAD.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 39/39 [00:17<00:00, 2.29it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2>
    Last edited by rkeane; 12-05-2020 at 12:16.

5. 13-05-2020  #55

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    i eventually got it working but it must hog everything on laptop.........chucked a halestorm song at it .........15 and a half hours.........no chance.......so threw it into my sons gaming desktop.........16 seconds later the song was done

PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input SLFNEW.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 43/43 [00:18<00:00, 2.30it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input SMITH.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 69/69 [00:28<00:00, 2.39it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input ZZYZX.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 54/54 [00:22<00:00, 2.35it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input HILL.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 50/50 [00:23<00:00, 2.11it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input CHAOS.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 40/40 [00:18<00:00, 2.20it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input JAD.wav --gpu 0
    loading model... done
    100%|█████████████████████████████████████████████ █████████████████████████████████████| 39/39 [00:17<00:00, 2.29it/s]
    PS C:\Users\PC\Documents\vocal-removerV2>
    How good were the results?

6. 13-05-2020  #56

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Oh god my head is spinning...

7. 13-05-2020  #57

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Personally I'd like to see a GUI with anything current and then a way to simply add the updates later by either certain file types or a simple update command tied to the git-hub.

8. 13-05-2020  #58

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    How good were the results?
    compared to other programs and based against the earlier version..........v2 is smoking
    only draw back is you defo need a top notch PC to get things done fast......
    if this is based on 300 odd pairs...........the 1000 pair edition that Anjok is maybe gonna release is gonna be immense
    think i maybe need to rob a bank for a new pc

9. 13-05-2020  #59

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    compared to other programs and based against the earlier version..........v2 is smoking
    only draw back is you defo need a top notch PC to get things done fast......
    if this is based on 300 odd pairs...........the 1000 pair edition that Anjok is maybe gonna release is gonna be immense
    think i maybe need to rob a bank for a new pc
    Yes I also need another computer but for now I think I'm gonna dedicate my old laptop to just doing these conversions
    Last edited by chilinvilin; 13-05-2020 at 23:15.

10. 14-05-2020  #60

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
    Genre specific models fascinate me as well ... what if that one part in a Rock song converts better with a Pop oriented model and can be sliced in with the rest of the song converted with the Rock model to create a complete product? I'm already getting that vibe just comparing this model with the other one. Even failing that, more diverse coverage of quality results is likely.
    This is actually something I'm testing now! I had to give my PC a break from training for a bit because I didn't want to burn it out.. I'm almost done building a new one that going to be 100x more powerful. Once I get my remaining parts in the mail, I'm going to start training aggressively with new settings and different batch sizes.
    Last edited by Anjok; 14-05-2020 at 07:53.