Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    Hi everyone.
    I have a problem. I'm using this great GUI for months. To day I installed demucs using this guide https://github.com/facebookresearch/demucs
    I didn't install python 3.7 because it is already installed. I use demucs and I think it it great too for some side but now when I try to open vocal remover the prompt appears just for a second then disappears and the gui doen's run. What happened? What can I do? I'd like to use both... please help! Thx
    Read about the beta update HERE or read the instructions on the github as linked in the main TOC.

2. 12-11-2020  #432

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    Read about the beta update HERE or read the instructions on the github as linked in the main TOC.
    O)k I reinstal python and t5hen all the steps for vocal remover and now they works both.

3. 12-11-2020  #433

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Another question: Everytime I use google colab I have to do all the steps from the beginning? Or there 's a way to save the driver?
    Last edited by Bruno; 12-11-2020 at 21:33.

4. 12-11-2020  #434

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Another question: Everytime I use google colab I have to do all the steps from the biginning? Or there 's a way to save the driver?
    The small .ipynb file should be fine always after uploading once. But all the other steps have to be done each time. Only if you experience an error converting a song that I would reup the .ipynb file to start it as new again. But the big folder you upload to your google drive is fine always and shouldn't need to be redone again. Hope this helps. You can always from Google Colab go to "File" "Open Notebook" and remove the previous sessions and browse for the .ipynb file from your hard drive again to start as new. I honestly need to update the video because at that time I thought you had to upload the .ipynb file every time. As I said it doesn't hurt to help avoid corruption in Colab.
    Last edited by NewAgeRipper; 12-11-2020 at 22:07.

5. 12-11-2020  #435

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    The small .ipynb file should be fine always after uploading once. But all the other steps have to be done each time. Only if you experience an error converting a song that I would reup the .ipynb file to start it as new again. But the big folder you upload to your google drive is fine always and shouldn't need to be redone again. Hope this helps. You can always from Google Colab go to "File" "Open Notebook" and remove the previous sessions and browse for the .ipynb file from your hard drive again to start as new. I honestly need to update the video because at that time I thought you had to upload the .ipynb file every time. As I said it doesn't hurt to help avoid corruption in Colab.
    Thank you for the answare. Could you tell me wich step is the .iptnb file? I suppose third step beacause say requiremente already satisfied...is it right?

6. 12-11-2020  #436

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Thank you for the answare. Could you tell me wich step is the .iptnb file? I suppose third step beacause say requiremente already satisfied...is it right?
    The .ipynb file is what you do the first time you opened Google Colab to upload it. after that Google Colab sees it in your drive. That is why Step 1 requires authentication, step 2 checks for ffmpeg items. Step 3 checks and redownloadeds within the cloud to satisfy everything else. Step 4 looks for synced vocal remover folder. Then you choose step 5 for your choice of models to use.

7. 16-11-2020  #437

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    As I said it's an amazing tool with great models, but it would be awesome if the Google Colab version could be updated because due to my equipment, it's taking a lot of time to process and I have to be really patient lol

Thanks in advance...

8. 16-11-2020  #438

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensbrank View Post
    As I said it's an amazing tool with great models, but it would be awesome if the Google Colab version could be updated because due to my equipment, it's taking a lot of time to process and I have to be really patient lol

Thanks in advance...
    Colab doesn't rely on your hardware, it's cloud based from Google. Which process takes a long time to complete? It should not take more than 2-3 minutes to set it up and more than a minute to convert a song.

9. 16-11-2020  #439

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Ah sorry, I was talking about the GUI ^^

10. 16-11-2020  #440

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensbrank View Post
    Ah sorry, I was talking about the GUI ^^
    You'll soon learn that Google Colab and the GUI tool actually goes hand in hand depending on your needs. I find that the low end 32000-512 model is best for most tracks that I need the vocals out of. It seems to smooth out the artifacts from certain vocal pitches better. I render one in the GUI in 22 to 40 min depending on the song. I'm a karaoke enthusiast so if the slower method gives me the best results, then that is what I go with. Also the GUI is handy for when you can't be on an internet connection such as a laptop or Windows tablet. Im working with songs that never made it into karaoke labels and even know how to separate lead and backing vocals. The more you mess with it the more ideas you get.