1. 14-10-2020  #381

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    Sorry for all the confusion guys! I might have to overhaul the whole instruction set in the main thread and do more VM tests. This is usually why I wait to put out new releases until I've worked out the kinks at every angle, which I'm still doing. I only released this v4 model because it's currently my best performing model and I wanted to give everyone a chance to test and play with it until my final releases were complete.

In the meantime, post your errors here and I'll help as much as I can.
    Is this still strictly an upgraded instrumental model from multigenre 2? I remember it was mentioned you will be moving on to vocals improvement next. thx!

2. 14-10-2020  #382

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by INGSOC View Post
    Is this still strictly an upgraded instrumental model from multigenre 2? I remember it was mentioned you will be moving on to vocals improvement next. thx!
    That is still in development. Working out the training parameters has been a challenge and still a work in progress.

3. 14-10-2020  #383

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    That is still in development. Working out the training parameters has been a challenge and still a work in progress.
    You said the new test model to use this: python inference.py --input path/to/an/audio/file. Could you list that command as if there were an actual song in place to convert please? Do we still use the original cd command before that or how? The full instructions would be grand. I really want to see if there will any improvement for removing the vocals for Evanescence - Snow White Queen.

4. 14-10-2020  #384

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    You said the new test model to use this: python inference.py --input path/to/an/audio/file. Could you list that command as if there were an actual song in place to convert please? Do we still use the original cd command before that or how? The full instructions would be grand. I really want to see if there will any improvement for removing the vocals for Evanescence - Snow White Queen.
    The command lines haven't changed

python inference.py --"C:\Users\user\Downloads\vocal-remover-v4\danna.wav" --gpu 0 *

*omit if you don't use GPU

5. 14-10-2020  #385

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Thank you @Anjok
    I'd like to try UB40 Red Red Wine again with the update but I'll just wait for the GUI release.
    I'm still trying to figure out which is faster? CPU or GPU on a 2012 Macbook Pro? Takes about 25-30 min for me per song.
    CPU-2.5 Intel core i5
    GPU-Intel HD graphics 4000

6. 15-10-2020  #386

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    The command lines haven't changed

python inference.py --"C:\Users\user\Downloads\vocal-remover-v4\danna.wav" --gpu 0 *

*omit if you don't use GPU
    This is not working at all for me. I always kept the files in my documents. I always converted flac files. Does it have to be a wav file now? ffmpeg was in stalled a long time ago. I just don't know.

7. 15-10-2020  #387

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thank you very much again, Anjok!

A friend of mine tested the new model and it turns out that it appears to give better results but also worse results:

For example with Crush 40 - I am... All of Me, the vocals can be heard more compared to the previous model.

With the "His World" Sonic theme, it outputs a really good result with less vocals.

By the way I'm not criticizing anything, just giving what I noticed with it so far (and I know it's still in development) :)

8. 15-10-2020  #388

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    This is not working at all for me. I always kept the files in my documents. I always converted flac files. Does it have to be a wav file now? ffmpeg was in stalled a long time ago. I just don't know.
    Honestly I've always kept my files inside the vocal remover folder, otherwise it doesn't work for me, the file format wouldn't matter, nothing has changed except a different model.

Please make sure inside the Models folder there is only one model, in this case the newest v4.

9. 15-10-2020  #389

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    Honestly I've always kept my files inside the vocal remover folder, otherwise it doesn't work for me, the file format wouldn't matter, nothing has changed except a different model.

Please make sure inside the Models folder there is only one model, in this case the newest v4.
    Lol. I'm sorry. Yes, the vocal remover folder is what always sat in my documents. And yes only one model. I tried the command from every way to Wednesday and all the cmd does is start a new line.

10. 15-10-2020  #390

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Lol. I'm sorry. Yes, the vocal remover folder is what always sat in my documents. And yes only one model. I tried the command from every way to Wednesday and all the cmd does is start a new line.
    Can you try with an older model to see if it's the v4 that's causing issues or something else is wrong?