1. 09-06-2020  #161

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    This is what I meant by Google Colab. You mentioned earlier you could make a tuto on Colab. One for dummies would be great.
    I'll make a separate thread for this, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

2. 09-06-2020  #162

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    I'll make a separate thread for this, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    I hate to be annoying but Google Colab isn't working right for the instrumental conversion.
    It worked great yesterday.

Step 2
    cp: cannot stat '/content/drive/My Drive/vocal-remover/': No such file or directory
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    ffmpeg is already the newest version (7:3.4.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 32 not upgraded.

Step 4
    %cd /content/drive/My Drive/vocal-remover
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/content/drive/My Drive/vocal-remover'
    /content

Step 5
    !python inference.py --input "/content/drive/My Drive/Clocks.flac"
    python3: can't open file 'inference.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The only way I solved it was to redo everything.
    Last edited by NewAgeRipper; 09-06-2020 at 01:18.

3. 09-06-2020  #163

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    I hate to be annoying but Google Colab isn't working right for the instrumental conversion.
    It worked great yesterday.

Step 2
    cp: cannot stat '/content/drive/My Drive/vocal-remover/': No such file or directory
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    ffmpeg is already the newest version (7:3.4.6-0ubuntu0.18.04.1).
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 32 not upgraded.

Step 4
    %cd /content/drive/My Drive/vocal-remover
    [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/content/drive/My Drive/vocal-remover'
    /content

Step 5
    !python inference.py --input "/content/drive/My Drive/Clocks.flac"
    python3: can't open file 'inference.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory

The only way I solved it was to redo everything.
    That's the way Colab works. If you don't use it for some time or it's been more than 10-15 minutes since you closed the webpage, your assigned virtual PC is no longer attached to you and you have to connect once again. Just play all steps again. That's a downside, I know, but nothing I can do about it.

4. 09-06-2020  #164

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    That's the way Colab works. If you don't use it for some time or it's been more than 10-15 minutes since you closed the webpage, your assigned virtual PC is no longer attached to you and you have to connect once again. Just play all steps again. That's a downside, I know, but nothing I can do about it.
    It's all good. All good.

5. 10-06-2020  #165

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    ***UPDATE***

1. I'll be releasing an update to GUI this week. It's going to include new options and a new stacked model (a stacked model is one trained on converted data). The stacked model will help clean up vocal residue left by the AI in certain tracks. This particular model also comes with special options that I will explain in more detail upon release.

2. Unfortunately, a compiled exe version of the AI has been canceled due PyTorch & Cuda incompatibility with existing compilers. I brought in some brilliant minds to help me with it and it's been determined that it will not be an option at this time. Big requests are actually in progress with the PyTorch development team on GitHub as it's on them to fix the compilability & compatibility issues. As soon the bug is fixed, I will release the compiled version. If anyone here knows anyone that would like to take a stab at it, please go for it! My code is open source and free for anyone to use or change how they see fit.

Luckily, most of the installation issues have already been ironed out. As long as the instructions are carefully followed in the main post, there shouldn't be any issues running the AI. Also, I encourage those having issues running the AI due simply to poor hardware to please try the Google Colab instructions provided. (Special thanks to djtaz for hooking that up!)
    Last edited by Anjok; 11-06-2020 at 07:56.

6. 10-06-2020  #166

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    ***UPDATE***

1. I'll be releasing an update to GUI this week. It's going to include new options and a new stacked model (a stacked model is one trained on converted data). The stacked model will help clean up vocal residue left by the AI in certain tracks. This particular model also comes with special options that I will explain more detail upon release.

2. Unfortunately, a compiled exe version of the AI has been canceled due PyTorch & Cuda incompatibility with existing compilers. I brought in some brilliant minds to help me with it and it's been determined that it will not be an option at this time. Big requests are actually in progress with the PyTorch development team on GitHub as it's on them to fix the compilability & compatibility issues. As soon the bug is fixed, I will release the compiled version. If anyone here knows anyone that would like to take a stab at it, please go for it! My code is open source and free for anyone to use or change how they see fit.

Luckily, most of the installation issues have already been ironed out. As long as the instructions are carefully followed in the main post, there shouldn't be any issues running the AI. Also, I encourage those having issues running the AI due simply to poor hardware to please try the Google Colab instructions provided. (Special thanks to djtaz for hooking that up!)
    Absolutely. Will djtayz implement the new models as well or that's not possible to do on Google Colab?

7. 10-06-2020  #167

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Absolutely. Will djtayz implement the new models as well or that's not possible to do on Google Colab?
    Technically, yes. However, the stacked model requires multiple conversions of a single song. If he can get the GUI to work on Colab, then definitely. While stack looping (the process of running a single track through the stacked model multiple times until the vocal pinches are gone) can be done manually, doing it via the command line would be a HUGE pain in the ass. I'm implementing a stack looping option to the GUI to make the process far less painless. The only drawback will be waiting hours for one track to complete for those with dated hardware.

I'll explain all of this in more detail with the next update.
    Last edited by Anjok; 11-06-2020 at 07:59.

8. 10-06-2020  #168

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    Technically, yes. However, the stacked model requires multiple conversions of a single song. If he can get the GUI to work on Colab, then definitely. While stack looping (the process of running a single track through the stacked model multiple times until the vocal pinches are gone) can be done manually, doing it on command line will be a real pain. I'm implementing a stack looping option to the GUI to make the process far less painless. The only drawback will be waiting hours for one track to complete for those with dated hardware.

I'll explain all of this in more detail with the next update.
    Well, I'll put it like this. The command line on my laptop was taking 5 to 7 hours pending the track length. The GUI took 45 min to whatever so that was a major time increase for my end. I'll deal with the triple time if it really means me needing the echo gone. But for the most part, my DIY karaoke tracks as long as you have a singer who is on point, one won't notice the echo or other vocal residue anyways. And if so it's more like an effect than anything to enhance the singing.

9. 10-06-2020  #169

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @Anjok link to source files please? I know someone who wants to take a stand at it.

10. 10-06-2020  #170

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    @Anjok link to source files please? I know someone who wants to take a stand at it.
    The source files are posted in the main post. Just have them install the AI as normal by following the instructions posted and go from there.