Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
  1. 07-06-2020  #141

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    weird, the link works fine now. it took me to an error page before. i will reattempt :)

2. 07-06-2020  #142

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Updated the guide to follow a new method for converting tracks in the cloud. Tested several times and works as expected.

This should work if you have issues running it locally and works on all operating systems.

3. 07-06-2020  #143

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    the cloud thing is dope! i got everything done except step six... what am i supposed to do there? what is this workflow supposed to look like? right now i upload to google drive, edit the audio file portion to match in the fifth step

#FIFTH STEP

!python inference.py --input "/content/drive/My Drive/blah blah blah.mp3"

and then after about ten minutes the output files are found in the vocal-remover folder. then i download and then go and delete the original and output files. is that how it should work?
    Last edited by dimkeal; 07-06-2020 at 22:13.

4. 07-06-2020  #144

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimkeal View Post
    i got everything done except step six... what am i supposed to do there?
    For each step just click the little play icon (Run cell). The sixth one is to export the tracks, otherwise without it, you wouldn't find them anywhere saved.

5. 07-06-2020  #145

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    so everytime i want to convert a track i open the collab and my drive and edit step 5 and run cell to convert? just checking if that is the workflow.

6. 07-06-2020  #146

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimkeal View Post
    so everytime i want to convert a track i open the collab and my drive and edit step 5 and run cell to convert? just checking if that is the workflow.
    If you already converted one track and want to do another, just edit the fifth step (the name) and proceed with the rest. If you haven't used the tool in a while and you already closed the tab with the Colab page, you would need to run all of the steps again, but I don't think they take that much time to complete. 1-2 minutes in my case.

The reason is, you're using hardware that is located in another place and if you don't use it for a while (occasionally you'll be asked if you wish to reconnect so that you don't lose connection) or you exit the webpage, that PC is no longer attached to you and you need to connect again, hence run all the steps.

7. 07-06-2020  #147

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    If you already converted one track and want to do another, just edit the fifth step (the name) and proceed with the rest. If you haven't used the tool in a while and you already closed the tab with the Colab page, you would need to run all of the steps again, but I don't think they take that much time to complete. 1-2 minutes in my case.

The reason is, you're using hardware that is located in another place and if you don't use it for a while (occasionally you'll be asked if you wish to reconnect so that you don't lose connection) or you exit the webpage, that PC is no longer attached to you and you need to connect again, hence run all the steps.
    Where exactly do have this and can you please link to your project? Very curious to check it out.

8. 07-06-2020  #148

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    I think I figured it out! I tested my instructions on a VM running a bare-boned version of Windows 10 and got the same error you did. The issue is some systems don't play well with PyTorch's Cuda edition (which is the one I linked). Also, many people have various encoders already installed that play well with Python and some don't (especially if we're dealing with someone who's installing this on a fresh version of Windows), so I was getting SoundFile errors too. Installing soundfile fixed that issue though! Please remember to install and configure ffmpeg before trying to run mp3, mp4, m4a, and flac files through this tool!

Leave your installation as is and simply install the following and you should be good. Please let me know if this works for you! I also updated the main thread with these instructions. One thing though, don't check the GPU option is you don't have a stand-alone one installed.

pip install torch==1.5.0+cpu torchvision==0.6.0+cpu -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html
    pip install SoundFile
    That fixed it!!! Hell yeah. Even better, it takes less time with GUI and multi-genre model than command line for me. What would take about 4 to 5 hours with command line method now is less than an hour.

9. 07-06-2020  #149

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    Where exactly do have this and can you please link to your project? Very curious to check it out.
    The tutorial is at the bottom of the first post in this thread.

10. 07-06-2020  #150

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    The tutorial is at the bottom of the first post in this thread.
    My bad. Will have a look.