1. 18-01-2011  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

First Strike (Map Pack)

Well here it is then, wondered how long they'd wait until they released a map pack. Also in this big update is new levels on Zombies plus some other updates on the game. Worth the 1200 points? I'll be buying it, ill let you all know. Although i do like how they have took feedback and worked on things. Like some of the new maps have sniper areas, in Black Ops default multiplayer levels they kept sniper positions to a minimal which made me happy, but upset all the cowards that like to hide and kill from safety. Anyway check out the video, theres a few other cool additions!
    Last edited by Thr33; 18-01-2011 at 10:09.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 19-01-2011  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sweet as fuck mate, will check this out when I get 5. Think this gets released for free on the pc, not sure.
    New Studio sorted out so I'm back in the game...Macbook Pro 15" 2.53Ghz i5 4GB DDR3 1067Mhz, Novation X-station, Focusrite Sapphire, 2 x Yamaha HS80M's & Logic Pro 9.
    Hidden Content
    Theres only one question you have to ask yourself......Can you feel it?

3. 02-02-2011  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    it looks and sounds awesome and im defo gunna buy it...
    BUT when is it comin out on ps3? im a lil disapointed that its only out on 360 first.

4. 02-02-2011  #4

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Teef Grinda View Post
    it looks and sounds awesome and im defo gunna buy it...
    BUT when is it comin out on ps3? im a lil disapointed that its only out on 360 first.
    I think it will probably be a month like MW2 and the map packs on there, microsoft bought the exclusive rights for a time limit so that would be my guess. My bro downloaded it and isn't a fan of the multiplayer maps but he says the zombie map is really good. Apparently the zip line in one of the maps hasn't been done well and you have to stand still to use it, making yourself an open target. But this is just his opinion, i'm sure other people will think differently.

5. 02-02-2011  #5

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    The First Strike map pack is released for PS3 at the end of February (not sure on the date).

Hey, ok theres 4 new multiplayer maps: Berlin Wall, Stadium, Kowloon & Discovery. Berlin wall is medium sized, has 2 adjacent streets divided by a red area with a short path that goes through it. The red area is guarded by sentry guns so its a death wish to go in there! 25% of the building have an upstairs so good to snipe from and defend. Overall id give it a 6/10. Stadium is a very small map, like nuketown size. Only a small portion is in the stadium the rest is through the queuing area out front. Plenty of close quarters to assault but some camp/sniper spots. Too unorganized for my style so ill give it a 6/10. Kowloon is based off a campaign map where your fighting from different levels of rooftops. Lots of open areas and 3 zip lines so bound to challenge your K/D ratio. Its pretty big and theres lots of close quarter buildings aswell, easy to get lost. Because it suits all styles ill give it a 8/10. Discovery is my favorite map. Its located in an army camp thats snowed-in. Its a big map and has loads of levels like bridges, caverns, caves, buildings and skywalks. The center of the map is pretty open from all angels and levels, wouldnt wanna hang around there for long. Around the outskirts theres stretches of paths and inside buildings with windows. Good for all players and ranges, ill give it a 10/10.

Im yet to play on the Zombie maps, not really my thing.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

6. 03-02-2011  #6

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    there nothing special