1. 20-03-2016  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

New Build Time!!! HELP!

Right ok its become time again to upgrade the poor little soul that is currently my work horse although I think this time its going to be a complete overhaul with only my 500gb HDD sure of survival... Now before we get started this is not an AMD vs Intel fanboy battle I want honest and non bias for my bios(thought that myself).
    I already have the new case and my existing periphials will stay as my keyboard is brand new and the mouse matches so please no input on this, the case is a mid tower though to give an idea of dimensions.
    Currently I am running an AMD A8-3870K 3ghz quad-core on an AsRock A75M-HVS with 1x8GB 1333mhz RAM(I know my bad on the RAM) intergrated HD 6650 Graphics(Im assuming 512mb) Single 500GB HDD but 1TB External for vids etc
    PLEASE NOTE I HAVE A BUDGET OF £600 MAX!!!

CPU: AMD FX8320 or 8350 (Black Edition either way)
    CPU Cooler: Zalman CNPS7X(or any decent LED lit will do, like cooler master hyper103)
    MoBo: Asus M5A-97 Evo R2.0 (but I have been told to look at a Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P)
    RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2x8GB 166mhz(with the idea of later purchasing another pair)
    Graphics: This is where I'm stuck I like the look of the R7 250X 2GB as it has VGA or R7 260X 2GB and scrapping VGA
    Primary HDD: Kingston 240GB V300 SSD
    Secondary HDD: Any Brand 2TB HDD with 64MB cache and 7200rpm will do me
    Third HDD: Existing 500GB HDD... purely as a back up and for all my old pics and shit!
    PSU: Again I'm stuck! I'm currently on a banged up 400W and I know with the above I'll need to be looking at about 650w upwards so this I'm open to suggestions or calculated answers kinda like Antec/Raidmax and a gorgeous Kingwin Lazer but with me being UK shipping is a bitch and I cant find a UK Kingwin PSU distributer :o but currently drawn to either Artic Blue 850w or Antec HGC 750w(LED lit fan is selling it lol)

There is a theme going on here which is black/blue and lit up LED blue as I will be getting Cathodes as well as UV SATA cables as well as UV Spiral wrap for the molex cabling so please bear this in mind

The rig needs to be able to support FL 11 with VSTs such as Nexus/Zebra2/Sylenth/Nemesis/Hive/z3ta+2 etc as well as holding its own on multi tasking with AfterEffects Acid Pro and general usage... Ok erm go!!!!
    P.S Instrumentals and Stems Are For Unimaginative Cheats

2. 13-07-2016  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Try Corsair for PSU brand. They should be OK.

Try WD RED, or ST NAS for big, but cheap & reliable HDs. They're made for 24/7 use. Even though you won't leave your PC on for that long, slower spin speed + made for NAS = more longevity. Worth it over consumer 7k2 drives imo.

3. 21-07-2016  #3

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Fuck me Tim lol :D

Get that out of yeeeeeeee!!!!!

See for psu

Seriously mate, completely ruined my machine. I got the most horrendous ground loop kinda horse crap sound out of my monitors and it was unusable

I just swapped it recently for a MacBook Pro

I'm 100% convinced that it was the psu being too beefy for the machine despite 8 core 4ghz amd , 16gb ram, big drives big gfx card etc

I would really search (there's sites based in uk) that build machines ultra quiet and specifically for Windows based music production.

My advice ring one of them. Better that than ending up with something that trashes everything just because it's a beast psu with a big name that's good for gaming and high performance multitasking.

Especially if you've monitors or are getting some.....

Get the right power supply mate or you'll go mad like me!!!!

Out there and back

4. 21-07-2016  #4

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    And how much for that ssd

Out there and back