I use Reaper because I bought it and so I'm obligated to my self to use it. Lol. Also I wanted to get into remixing so read up on what I knew I needed like beat mapping and all that jazz. It's only as a hobby so didn't have a budget for pro software I'd barely use the features of. I got obsessed over reading tutorials and watching videos of this elusive art of beat or tempo mapping. And in most it was done by hand. Not wanting to put up with this unacceptable situation I found Reaper was scriptable so thought up some theories on how to automate the process. Then set out to test my ideas and found it worked well enough to be useful. Well most of the time with some manual intervention when needed. I also joined their forum and found them to be friendly enough and with people willing to help. Which helped.

As to be easy to use I think Reaper is hardest on the beginner and even now after being used to it editing quirks can be annoying. But I have a good setup now with some custom buttons for functions I use a bit. So am happy with that. The custom editor could do with some work though. If I can't find something, then I can script it if it's simple enough.

Though the intent is to program in music, not program the DAW. So perhaps Reaper is best explained the way those music trackers used to be explained as, a music program for programmers. :-D