You have already rated this thread
  1. 20-09-2010  #1

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Eric Prydz vs Example - Quiet Pjanoo (Ronko's Reconstruction)

Eric Prydz vs Example - Quiet Pjanoo (Ronko's Reconstruction)

Even though this mash up has been done before, i thought i would give it a go, but use the high contrast mix of pjanoo instead of the original mix which other mash ups have used. All comments welcome :D

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/richc/eric-prydz-vs-example-quiet-pjanoo-ronkos-reconstruction[/SOUNDCLOUD]
    Last edited by Rich; 20-09-2010 at 00:18.
    HIGH FIVE FOR SEXY MUSIC TIME!!! :D

Hidden Content - New/Old Mashups
    Hidden Content - Older Mashups
    Hidden Content - Mixes/Mix Sets
    ^^^ Check them out! ;) ^^^

2. 13-10-2010  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Yes, I was the producer that created the original mashup of this track back in April 2010. I see you copied the idea and applied it to a drum n bass beat. Cool. But it would be very cool if you came up with your own idea for this. Here is the original mashup idea on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ut33tIPXl0

3. 17-10-2010  #3

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Oslo View Post
    Yes, I was the producer that created the original mashup of this track back in April 2010. I see you copied the idea and applied it to a drum n bass beat. Cool. But it would be very cool if you came up with your own idea for this. Here is the original mashup idea on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ut33tIPXl0
    Fair enough but in all fairness i did say that this mash up has been done before and i haven't said it was my idea, all i said was that i thought that i would give it ago and the only reason i haven't given you any credit is because i wasn't too sure who did the original mash up due too other people uploading it and claiming it as their own. Plus the idea for this mash up (the Ronko's Reconstruction one, not yours) is my idea as i did this mashup too a drum and beat mix of pjanoo instead of using the original version of pjanoo like you and others have done, you even proved this in what you said 'applied it to a drum n bass beat' so you are contradicting yourself man! Another hint that shows i haven't claimed this mash up as my own is that i called it a reconstruction, meaning i have taken the original mash up and reshaped to sound and appear different. If anything man you should be proud that your mash up is that good that people want to do their own versions of it. The ideas for the mash up are the same but the finished products are different. Shizzle like this happens all the time for example sunset strippers - falling stars and cabin crew - star to fall, they are both very similar but they both got released and both got into the chart.

'30 mins later'.......You robbed off with dj mario's bootleg, just searched for it on soundcloud and yours has least plays man after dj mario's original, santiago's version and mine, haha you hustler. I enjoyed the bit where you included a link to a different mashup which isn't yours :D Your the reason why i watch the real hustle!
    Last edited by Rich; 18-10-2010 at 00:25. Reason: explained above^^^

4. 18-10-2010  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    bigdave. DJ Oslo is my internet alias on these boards. I am also known as DJ Mario which is my artist alias in my area, and I use DJ Santiago for competing radio stations I work for. So I am the same 3 people. Send a message to any of the sound cloud accounts or YouTube and they will confirm that it's me. Why? Because I'll be the one writing the message. LOL!

And I was not joking. You were biting my idea and I was pointing that out. I can't stop anybody from doing that but really, you can never own your own style if you're biting off others. Just food for thought.

Regards,

DJ Oslo (A.K.A. DJ Mario / DJ Santiago)

5. 18-10-2010  #5

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    yeah ok then i'll take your word for the whole alias and a.k.a. subject but that was my own style, fair enough if i had just blatently downloaded and re-uploaded your mash up, as that would have shown i have no style and would have proved your point, but i didn't and haven't. The way you are saying it means that remixers don't have their own style, as they bite off peoples ideas to change the track, some remixes are seen to be better than the original track. What i have done can also be percieved as a remix/remake of your track. There is a clear difference between my mash up and your mash up, plus i do have my own style, this is shown from my other songs on my souncloud account.
    i just hope that you don't try and claim them as your mashups!

6. 18-10-2010  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    i just hope that you don't try and claim them as your mashups
    That was just hilarious and ironic. :)

7. 18-10-2010  #7

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    cheers, i put alot of time and effort into it and maybe i find you finding that ironic, ironic. :D

8. 29-07-2012  #8

Stream Manager

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts
    sorry about being an arse and bringing this topic back again but i thought i would just show this to everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9IRHESIp6c <<< uploaded on 2nd August 2011
    http://soundcloud.com/mariosantiago/...-dancing-on-my <<< uploaded on 11th July 2012

usually i wouldn't really give a flip that its been done before because sometimes a fresh take on things can sound just as good or even better, but because he gave me crap about 'biting' his idea and said 'you can never own your own style if you're biting off others. Just food for thought', i thought i would show how sometimes people do have the same idea and why there wasn't really any need to react like he did.
    its abit like a baby laughing at his mate cause he's just shit his pants whilst he's sitting in a full diper!?!?!? :D :D
    Last edited by Rich; 29-07-2012 at 22:37.

9. 31-07-2012  #9

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Dave you're right.

Mario I think your misunderstanding 'stealing an idea' and 'finding inspiration'. As proven in the above thread you have also found inspiration from another track or maybe you never knew about it, the truth we will never know. Either way you should be proud that you inspire other musicians, the rest of us are!

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017