Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

n00b with some questions

Hi ya'll,

I'm a 25 year old electronic music producer from Austin, TX. I've been having fun with remixing lately and joined this site to see what stems might be available. I'm a little confused about the Rep system. I understand you need 5₵ to access the download section, but how does one earn ₵? And where do you guys get your stems? I want to contribute, but I did a search and I don't think I have anything that hasn't already been posted...do I have to post new stems in order to be able to download others?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions!

btw here is my Soundcloud :)

I recently did this chillout remix of "Can You Feel My Heart" by Bring Me The Horizon:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/afliktor/can-you-feel-my-heart-afliktor-requiem-remix[/SOUNDCLOUD]

and this dance remix of "Obstacle 1" by Interpol:

[SOUNDCLOUD]https://soundcloud.com/afliktor/interpol-obstacle-1-afliktor-remix[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. 13-07-2014  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    You can always post:
    Stems
    Instrumentals
    Acapellas
    Multitracks
    Remix Packs (Acapella + MIDI) <-- Stems can be included too
    Remixes
    Music Videos
    VSTs and other Effects, DAWs, and Plugins.

and get rep for (I think) all of those.

One can also buy REP.
    Or, if you wish, you can buy Gold/Pro so you can see download links (Around $45 for 2 weeks) without using rep.

I personally rip stems from Video games and other sources and post them to get rep.
    If you need further assistance talk to me! My contact stuff should be in my signature! If you want, PM me, I'll help you out (:
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

3. 16-07-2014  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Hi Afliktor and welcome to Literecords!

The rep system seems a little confusing at first, but once you get into it, it makes sense!

How to gain ₵ without paying for them:

Post a set of stems, an acapella or instrumental in the download vault which hasn't already been posted. Make sure you Hide your download link though. (click here to see how to hide your link)

Just for posting it you will receive 1₵.
    Other members who want to download your file won't be able to see your link until they reply to your post (basically saying thanks). When they reply, your link will become "unhidden" and they can download. This costs them 1₵ and gains you 1₵.

For example:

You post the stems for the latest club stomper by the latest hot artist and 20 other members download your file.
    You would gain 21₵ (1 for the original upload and another 1 for each member who replied to your post so they could see your link).

Being first to post new files is difficult! Literally searching on Google for "Acapella" or "Instrumental" or "Remix Stems" will give you thousands of results..... most of which are either complete rubbish (tracks that you've never even heard of by people who only their mothers have heard of), or they're already listed.

BUT....

Lots of Record Labels and/or Artists hold Remix Competitions and allow you to download the Stems/Acapella/Instrumental for free.
    A good site to check every few days is remixcomps.com. They compile remix contests from loads of different sites and update the list every few days usually. Most of the artists are unheard of but every so often, you'll see VERY famous artists.

Before you bother to upload it, check if it's already posted, then check again before you "publish" your post! I've uploaded things before and then someone else has posted the same thing a few minutes before I've got there!

TIPS:

Be 100% sure your file isn't already posted cos if you "double post", your post will be removed and you'll get big blokes coming round your house to 'have a little chat'! (OK, you won't get a knock on your door, but you could be kicked off the site).

If you have 10 instrumentals by the same artist, put them all in one post. Yes you'll earn less ₵, but other member won't think you're a total di**head!

Only post decent stuff that other people will actually want. It'll earn you more ₵ cos you'll get more replies!

Before you post something, make sure it is actually what you think it is! There are loads of files on the internet labelled as "Studio Acapella" which are actually cover versions or are crappy 'DIY' ones.

When you have built up a few ₵, choose what to download carefully. It's easy to get carried away because all of a sudden, you have access to thousands of files... but remember each one will cost you 1₵ to download!

When you post new material, always use your own download link (ie upload it the somewhere like Mediafire and share your own link). NEVER EVER share someone elses link. Also don't share things you find on here on other sites.

Go for quality rather than quantity!

If you post some stems, include a list of what is included in the download (Lead Vocal, Backing Vocal, Bass1, Bass 2, Kick Drum, Snare Drum etc etc). Also mention what format the files are in (MP3/WAV/FLAC etc). This helps people decide if they want to use one their hard earned reps downloading you file!
    __________________________________________________ _______

Hopefully this will make some sort of sense, but I'm sure you'll pick it up as you go along. Stick with it, cos it'll be totally worth it!
    Last edited by pablo blue; 16-07-2014 at 21:15. Reason: Dodgy PC

4. 17-08-2015  #4

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    I've listened to your things and they are interesting.