1. 09-06-2014  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Suggestion: Additional subsections in media by decade for organization

Hello everyone. I admit I'm mostly a lurker who is only on once in awhile, but have donated here before because I love being able to work with multitracks and such. That said I am very grateful for those sections on here. However the problem is, with so many active and bumped threads, it can be incredibly difficult to try and figure out what's new and if I'm looking for certain songs in a certain time period (decade). The instrumental section is a good example, it's like the wild west in there.

What I would which would make things better organized would be to create subsections in there organized by time periods, like this:

- Oldies (Pre 80s)
    - 1980s
    - 1990s
    - 2000s
    - Now (2010+)

For me, I'm huge into the classic oldies stuff from the 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s, but not at all into the stuff within the last 10 years. I can't tell you how much easier it would be to go through what's been posted/available if I could just check the section I was looking for instead of scanning page by page of results. The Instrumental, Acapella, and Track Stems section I think would all greatly benefit from this.

I also had one more question about the Track Stems and it's subsections.

There are track stem posts in that main section, but then there's also the studio stems subsection as well. What is the difference?

2. 09-06-2014  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    When I post something, I really don't understand the difference between Studio Stem Kits, Multitracks, and Remix Packs, so I just post them in Track Stems. I'm sure they'll be moved eventually to the correct spot.

I like your idea, and I think it's awesome but it'd take a while to get all those threads into the proper subsections.

I think if we did that at first it would've been a great way to organize, as posters could just put the year of the track they are sharing, and it'd be put in the appropriate section.

But, since there are so many posts, and not many staff to move everything, it most likely won't be done.

Maybe a staff member will also reply, and maybe this could happen, I'm not sure. But hey, great idea! It'd save lots of time!

~burntscarr
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

3. 12-06-2014  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    its a good idea, you might not know all the songs that you need and if you browse them in their own category you might find out stuff that you wanted and didn't know!
    Mods might also disagree with this cuz you can imply search whatever you want.
    again, great idea.

4. 12-06-2014  #4

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Im afraid this wont be done for a few reasons.

There are too many threads to sort through and organize into era's.
    There are too many requests for different subforums, if i agreed to all of them it would look like a treeview.
    Its hard enough to get members to use current prefixes and subforums, adding more is just going to add more ignorance.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

5. 15-06-2014  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Even if it was separated into two sections (Pre-2000 and Post 2000), that would make a gigantic difference.