Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 02-11-2013  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Why aren't people willing to share knowledge anymore? I could find all the current info on the net before, but nowadays (as methods evolve) no one seems to want to share. I have my old DIY acapella projects saved and would like to improve them with newer methods, but people simply avoid answering questions about newer DIY methods (and I've tried contacting several prominent members of this forum). This is strange to say the least. It's not like it would hurt anyone. Or am I missing something?

2. 08-11-2013  #2

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeovo View Post
    Why aren't people willing to share knowledge anymore? I could find all the current info on the net before, but nowadays (as methods evolve) no one seems to want to share. I have my old DIY acapella projects saved and would like to improve them with newer methods, but people simply avoid answering questions about newer DIY methods (and I've tried contacting several prominent members of this forum). This is strange to say the least. It's not like it would hurt anyone. Or am I missing something?

Because there is no magic acapella making technique man! Every method you try is going to be hit or miss. Even getting direct wav rips from cd singles are no guarantee of success. I have a stack of promo cds that were absolute failures. There are so many variables to take into account. How the track was recorded/mastered. Was there post processing with added effects, added to one of the mixes? This is often the case when you can cancel everything except say the bass line or some keys,kicks,snares etc.
    Just for example, a TON of Wu Tang Clan singles are like that. There's just no way around it. Also anything recorded on 2" analog tape prior to digital recording has a much lower success rate due to pitch fluctuation. That involves more cutting and pasting to line things up better, and is a lot more time consuming. Utagoe (now discontinued) is great for the quick perfect matches, but often useless on other things. You just have to experiment with a little of each until you find a method that works for what you are trying to do. Lately I've been using Sony Acid Pro a lot, with different combos of plugins. I only use Utagoe rip on the direct wav rips from cds. mp3 rips often sound too muddy and over-filtered for me. I prefer to have a little background bleed with nice crisp vocals. Good luck :)