Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Gangnam Style / Queen Blend

Remix Rating:

Let me know if you still have a use for this song.

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/user8988974/gangnam-style-blend[/SOUNDCLOUD]

2. 20-11-2012  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'm gonna let off a little here, but please remember this isn't personal - its about the track. This pretty much has everything which pisses me off about mashup makers. You've literally tempo matched the acapella to the instrumental and hit play. This has nothing to do with production at all, you're basically DJ'ing. Some of the notes sung are very clashy, the track hasn't been thought out at all, and to cap things off its distorting.

Even though the Psy track is a bit tired now, you had an opportunity to do something creative with it, and you went the (so very) easy route.

If you want to make mashups, great ... I love a good mashup. Just do it properly, don't become one of those idiots you see on Youtube whacking out a track because they made it in five minutes. That is not what mashups are about. People like that are killing what was an incredibly creative scene.

Like I said above this isn't designed to piss you off, I just hope you'll read this and think OK - lets do something about it.
    FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK: Hidden Content
    FOLLOW ME ON YOUTUBE: Hidden Content
    DOWNLOAD MY MASHUPs: Hidden Content

3. 20-11-2012  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Dylan I take it you were not the member who gave it 5 stars then LOL?;;)
    Hidden Content
    One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain

4. 21-11-2012  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanVasey View Post
    I'm gonna let off a little here, but please remember this isn't personal - its about the track. This pretty much has everything which pisses me off about mashup makers. You've literally tempo matched the acapella to the instrumental and hit play. This has nothing to do with production at all, you're basically DJ'ing. Some of the notes sung are very clashy, the track hasn't been thought out at all, and to cap things off its distorting.

Even though the Psy track is a bit tired now, you had an opportunity to do something creative with it, and you went the (so very) easy route.

If you want to make mashups, great ... I love a good mashup. Just do it properly, don't become one of those idiots you see on Youtube whacking out a track because they made it in five minutes. That is not what mashups are about. People like that are killing what was an incredibly creative scene.

Like I said above this isn't designed to piss you off, I just hope you'll read this and think OK - lets do something about it.
    Thanks for listening Dylan. I appreciate your honest feedback. I will attempt to make my next mash-up much more creative. Sorry for offending you.

Thanks to anyone else who has listened.