1. 12-11-2012  #11

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kaeovo View Post
    With the current situation, what stimulates people to come back and rate the DIY in their posts? Nothing. I think and hope that this forum is not about leeching.
    This site is not about leeching....thats why there is a rep system and very good staff to keep you all in your place.

I disagree with your nothing statement in answer to your own question......What stimulates people to come back and edit their post on a share is when they arent happy or they have someting to complain about.So if you see a diy that you want....wait for a few others to complain,if they dont then Im pretty sure it will be ok.We are only talking about losing 1 rep here btw......not $500 and a free whore for a night.

Out there and back

2. 13-11-2012  #12

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. It's exactly as ADDiCT says it is most of the time. But if you want LR to be a site where people come in, grab what they want, say thanks (just because they have to) and leave, that's fine by me. My idea was more about stimulating some interaction between people so that they come back and edit when they're happy with what they find, not only when they have something to complain about. Cheers.

3. 13-11-2012  #13

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    We Can "Want" LR To Be Whatever We Want... We Can't Make Anyone Do Anything... We Have Multiple Things For People To Do Here... Chat, Discussions, Production, Collaborations, We Even Had Games At One Point... No One Gives A Rats Ass About The Other Stuff, The Truth Is, They Are Here To Download, And That's It...

All We Were Saying Is That Adding A System For Rating DIY's May Be Pointless Because NO ONE Says Anything Unless They Lost A Rep On A Dead Link (Which Means All They Care About Is Their Rep And Downloading)...

We Have The 5-Star Rating System For Remixes (Which I Think Is More Important Than DIY's), No One Uses It... So What Will Be Different On DIY Threads???

4. 13-11-2012  #14

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    Personally, I can't believe no one rates remixes as it can get you a free REP (which is great). I'll sure contribute because it really is very cool. While you say that you can want whatever you want, I believe that you can make people do whatever you want too. I mean, it's not like you'd be twisting their arms or anything. What I proposed would stimulate people to contribute, at least their rating (exactly BECAUSE they care about their REPs since they'd lose two instead of one if they don't rate DIYs). But please don't mind, it was just a friendly suggestion. I was just surprised it was met with such a loud and firm no. For admins, it a shit idea. Let's leave it at that. Peace and stay cool.
    Last edited by kaeovo; 13-11-2012 at 19:21.

5. 13-11-2012  #15

Administrator

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    People Don't Rate Remixes Because They Don't Care... LoL... This Is What I'm Trying To Say... We Have Tried Many Ways To Get People To Contribute, 1 Being The Rep System, Share Something To Earn Rep Rather Than Buy... Even With Our Remix Competitions, I Have Given Up Rare Stems From My Own Personal Archive To Get A Remix Comp Going, Brad Even Put Up Cash Prizes, People Dropped Out... What More Can We Do... If People Are Even Turning Down Cash, There's Not Much Hope.... Like I Said, People Only Want To Download...

It Was Never A Loud And Firm No... We Took It Into Consideration, I Left The Subject Open For Other Members To Chime In, And They Gave Their Opinion... It Was 4 No's VS 1 Yes...

6. 13-11-2012  #16

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Sorry, I think you misunderstood me. It's exactly as ADDiCT says it is most of the time. But if you want LR to be a site where people come in, grab what they want, say thanks (just because they have to) and leave, that's fine by me. My idea was more about stimulating some interaction between people so that they come back and edit when they're happy with what they find, not only when they have something to complain about. Cheers.
    Nope,I did not misunderstand,I just think its not the most important or greatest idea in the world.I didn't mean to offend,I was purely giving my opinion same as yourself.I think things are fine as they are.It would be more important to rate studio acapellas or stems or multitracks....I think its a given that most DIY's ain't gonna be shit hot.

.....But please don't mind, it was just a friendly suggestion. I was just surprised it was met with such a loud and firm no. For admins, it a shit idea. Let's leave it at that. Peace and stay cool.
    No worries!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by ADDiCT View Post
    It Was Never A Loud And Firm No... We Took It Into Consideration, I Left The Subject Open For Other Members To Chime In, And They Gave Their Opinion... It Was 4 No's VS 1 Yes...
    Yup!

Out there and back

7. 14-11-2012  #17

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Would also like to highlight the following thread....

http://literecords.com/x2/showthread...hanna-Diamonds

Out there and back

8. 19-05-2015  #18

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    "I Think All DIY's Are Worthless... They All Fail At Some Point... Either They Have To Much Artifact Bleed Through, Or The DIYer Used To Much Filters"

I've made diy pellas that are better than studio. Case in point are studio acapellas ripped from 12" singles. Some pressings are just low quality and shitty, or maybe there's some percussion like a lot of 80's pellas on vinyl. maybe there's a pressing glitch (Mos Def-Ms. Booty) or just some clicks and pops that even brand new records will have. I'll take a direct cd single rip and make a damn near perfect acapella often better than the studio from vinyl. I've gotten so good at it, that I've fooled people into thinking I'm using studio in some cases. :)