1. 13-05-2010  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A Stupid idea from EA Sports

Well, i for one will no longer be buying another EA Sports game second-hand...

This folks, is probably the biggest load of bull ive heard from a company as big as EA...

Beginning with Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, all future EA Sports games will ship with a one-time use code which unlocks "multiplayer online play, group features like online dynasty and leagues, user created content, and bonus downloadable content." If the game is purchased used, the purchaser may pay $10 for a new code.
    Source:Click

2. 13-05-2010  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hahaha...

The stupidest thing is, is the fact that it already costs £30-£40 to play online on the xbox per year... Its wrong that EA can charge per game when you have already bought the rights to play online on that console....

3. 14-05-2010  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Exactly mate, i buy most of my games Second-Hand as its much cheaper... I mean, £45 for a brand new game whereas i could get 4 games for the same price... I think i'll take the 4 thank you :)

4. 14-05-2010  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    that's the craziest idea ive ever seen, surely people buying used games and playing online with them is better than no one buying games at all ha!

5. 20-05-2010  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well guys, its having a ripple effect, THQ have announced the same idea for the latest version of UFC and Ubisoft have also taken the idea on board and called it " the 10$ solution "

Ubisoft Keep Close Watch

Well, so long to Gamestation, Game, Mr. Chips, and many more second hand retailers....