What do u lot think of Dubstep music?!

2. 07-04-2011  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i can respect the music itself and the producers, but its the people who latch onto it who ruin it. Some people will only like it because its the "In thing" and all their mates listen to it. A lot of schoolkids seem to be into it at the mo.
    When they go out to clubs (not the kids, lol) they say "Got any dubstep", not because they like it, but its the only thing they know and they think it makes them look cool.

The same thing happened a few years back with garage, or UK garage. every tweenybopper was into it and MTV played the shite non stop. Oh, and Aiya Napa was the "New" Ibiza. Yep, that lasted 5 minutes.

Once the kids grow up, the commercial dubstep will die and you will be left with the underground stuff for the die hard fans, which they probably prefer.

3. 08-04-2011  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think it used to really really suck. I had a few friends who were in to it before it went big and they were trying to get me in to it and it was just dull, boring monotonous rubbish with tracks that didn't really go anywhere.

As it got bigger, the more interesting the actual tracks got. It drew influences from other genres and the drops and bass got a lot bigger, the tracks actually had light and shade, and it got a LOT better, hence more mainstream. I really don't think it's a case of people liking it just because it's cool, people like it because they actually liked it, it just so happened that Radio 1 etc actually played it, and exposed a LOT of people to something they would never have heared otherwise. If it didn't get radio play, people wouldn't know what it was, and be confused if they heard it on a night out, then ask for Lady Gaga. People on a night out want to hear what they already know, your job as a DJ is not to educate people, it is to be an entertainer and give people what they want. Because it is on radio, they want to hear dubstep, because they actually like it. It's simple.

Only people who truly believe their music taste is better than everyone elses would be cynical enough to say people only like it because it is cool.

A lot of people would like a lot of music if it got radio play. The only reason people bone pop music up the ass is because it's on radio and record companies shove it down people's throats, and the average person just doesn't have time to go digging around the internet for different music.

Dubstep became popular because it became good, and unique. It became mainstream because radio picked it up. Not just because it's cool.

4. 08-04-2011  #4

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    i pretty much agree with vibeone ere. I used to think that dubstep was just a load of rubbish wobbley noise. but now dubstep has progress and produced some amazing tracks and remixes

for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlmUaCbsh7M
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

5. 09-04-2011  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    dubstep sure has gotten mainstream. Britney's new album is chockfull of it. but I still love it. Every 10 years or so, music changes. and i think dubstep might be the music of the 10's. I enjoy dubstep while smoking hookah. Yeah a lot of people like it cause it's the in thing. but in a few years, they'll be over it and onto something else and we'll be here just like we were before it was popular.

I'll just say that I love this song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7kEYuRCV_Y

6. 09-04-2011  #6

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I really hate the sound of DubSteb. Just seems like like just some random sound over a breakbeat. Only dubsteb song i have found i like is this

7. 11-04-2011  #7

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I am a DubStep producer and I definately see that some of the big names are getting sold out these days. I'm talking about: Rusko, Bar9 and some others.

In my opinion DubStep should remain an Underground genre... Mainstream just kills music, and we don't want that with Dubstep.
    It's not wrong to be signed with a lable and sell your tunes @ iTunes, Discogs and other pages...Producers MUST cover their expences (Software, Hardware and other stuff)

8. 11-04-2011  #8

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hate popular things too.

9. 12-04-2011  #9

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That srillex track is not even Dubstep, that's maybe why you like it !!
    And yes your right, Dubstep should remain underground because it's starting to be worse and worse !

10. 18-04-2011  #10

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah nowadays dubstep is way too off from origina idea. I don't even consider Skrillex and alike as dubstep producers.