Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. 21-07-2011  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

What fancy words do you use to feel clever?

Ive no idea why i thought of this as a thread, should be funny though! Some i like to use are:
    Specificity, Clarification, Leverage, Fortuitous, Mannerisms, Manifest, Disambiguation, Reconciliation, Clique.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 21-07-2011  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    when i was in the process of splitting up with my ex gf, i was explaining that i didnt tell her something becasue i didnt want to change the dynamics of the relationship. id never heard her say dynamics but then she said it 5 times. just something i remember, as i cant remember what she was raging on about but all that was stuck in my mind was that she kept saying it like a kid who had learned a new word lol.

3. 22-07-2011  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It's rather fortuituous that your vocabulary and mannerisms manifest themselves in such a way, you must have leverage over your clique, or for everyone else's clarification, here is a disambiguation;

You're the smartest guy in Heywood.

4. 25-07-2011  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    lol as usual billys comment has put a smile on my face in regards to smart words at the moment has to profusely but in regards to ponys comment my current gf bless her thort i was calling her a wench as a pet name, until she google'd it and found out it was the name given to a stewart/tudor maid who had to cook and clean then used for sex... needles to stay she doesnt find it so cute anymore... dammit
    P.S Instrumentals and Stems Are For Unimaginative Cheats

5. 25-07-2011  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Project Vee View Post
    lol as usual billys comment has put a smile on my face in regards to smart words at the moment has to profusely but in regards to ponys comment my current gf bless her thort i was calling her a wench as a pet name, until she google'd it and found out it was the name given to a stewart/tudor maid who had to cook and clean then used for sex... needles to stay she doesnt find it so cute anymore... dammit

hahaha nice

6. 25-07-2011  #6

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    i dont use big words rather i translate whatever i wrote into japanese and then back to english. try and make sence of a simple sentence by doing that. even better. get a songs lyrics. translate to jap then back to eng and get someone to guess the song.

7. 06-08-2011  #7

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Facade, Ambiguous, Idiosyncratic, Stupor.

Also, I heard a rapper use Onomatopoeia in a rap verse recently... I thought that was a bit snotty!

8. 07-08-2011  #8

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Being an American, I usually just hack British slang that makes it's way over across the pond: Cheeky, chuffed to bits, chin wag, wanker, etc. I have a grand time trying to work the word "Trebuchet" into conversation...my girlfriend loves it when I pull it off, just makes her giggle. But yeah...I think a good vocab, especially one that American ears don't get to hear a lot of unless they're ardent listeners to the BBC or Radio 1 or whatnot makes the speaker (i.e., me) seem darned clever... I also use a lot of words on the east coast that I picked up growing up in the midwest: Onery, yonder, tarred out, etc.

9. 08-08-2011  #9

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    While I, too, prefer not to sound like some lugubrious troglodyte; having an extended lexicon doesn't exactly prevent oneself from becoming just another pharisaical sycophant.

10. 18-08-2011  #10

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    discombobulated