1. 28-08-2012  #21

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren Irwin View Post
    Thats pretty crappy m8,sorry to hear that.This would put you off buying any kind of premium account wouldn't it.....

I don't get it though,what are you supposed to do to promote yourself??

Only show your own work? Don't sample anything? Record all your own vocals???

Be serious world wtf is going on?
    Yeh screw premium in the ass if thats how they treat you. The way its all going we may have no choice but to produce our own tracks.
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

2. 28-08-2012  #22

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Well thats a sorry state of affairs in my opinion....just kills off any budding producer that doesnt have £10,000+ (or rich parents) to go into a big studio and have someone write,record and promote a track for them (which then goes on to make beatport,their distributer and a label lots of money)

How is anyone supposed to showcase their talent in this kind of scenario.I just do not get it one bit......

Out there and back

3. 28-08-2012  #23

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Yeah its no secret that unless you come from a well off family you're not likely to get into the industry. Most UK acts come from upper class or Xfactor.
    When it comes to the masses, talent doesnt even come into it anymore. On that note, has anyone heard the UK number 1 single this week? WTF?!
    Get all my remixes on mp3 Hidden Content

4. 28-08-2012  #24

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    right when i said that i get copyright notices because I paid for an account, I get 2 notices and multiple tracks taken down by soundcloud. record industries need to suck big ones. if anything, they should be encouraging creativity, not squashing it. I don't provide dl links and I pay for the account.

Also, on youtube, all you have to do when they find copyrighted content is click "I acknowledge" because then they allow you to use the content! By acknowledging that you are using the content gives you the right to use it (at least on youtube).