You have already rated this thread
  1. 18-05-2012  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rihanna - Pon De Replay (Pondered Reply)

I'm really not into this kind of singers who are more pin-ups than actual artists. So why this remix anyway? Well, I've been meaning for a while now to remix one of those dance/pop superstars. The main reason is that I thought it just might help me gain some exposure, considering the vast number of people who like them. And to be honest, I quite enjoy defiling pop hits with my gritty style... :D Yeah, I know, I am evil.
    Anyway, after a period of sometimes painful listening, I decided to focus on this particular song because, much to my surprise, I actually found it quite good. It's definitely not your average dance tune and there's a somewhat primitive feel to it.
    To describe the remix per se, I more or less kept the song structure intact, which is something I tend to do when dealing with sung pieces. I focused on the sound, making it much heavier by adding various distortions and other effects pretty much everywhere, in impish contradiction of the title I came up with. This is a true remix in the original meaning of the word, i.e. a new mix, not a completely different tune using only one or two elements of the original.
    So crank up the volume and enjoy this electro/rock/dance/pop/whatever bastard! If you like it, I might continue this trend with a Britney tune - I already have a pick in mind. Oh, and feedback is always appreciated, even criticism if it is constructive and not gratuitous bashing.

PS: Not mastered.

[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/the-question-mark/rihanna-pon-de-replay-pondered-reply[/soundcloud]

--
    mod edit: bbm 5/19/2012

I fixed the soundcloud tag for you. Click 'edit post' to see how it's done.
    Last edited by BBM; 19-05-2012 at 10:41.
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][FONT=Arial Black]Not questioning everything is the death of self.[/FONT][/COLOR]

2. 23-05-2012  #2

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Hmmm i like the idea, i would think it would sound better with a kick sequence overlapping, its all synth. I no its not mastered but the kicks, claps and hats need to more apart of the track.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017