Poll: Did you like this song ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

You have already rated this thread
  1. 05-04-2010  #1

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Too Many Man (Electro Remix) - DJ J.A.M

Electro Remix of Too Many Man by Skepta

Download here from my site :

DJ J.A.M - Too Many Man (Electro Remix)
    some feedback on whether or not you like htis would be great too ;D x
    Last edited by DJ Jam; 05-04-2010 at 19:03. Reason: FIXED SONG URL

2. 05-04-2010  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Sorry mate but this was the worst "song" i've ever heard.. the song goes on and on, too monotony.. i wouldnt call it electro , i would call it soft "disco"... :P
    [FONT="Courier New"]Producer / Singer / Remixer from Sweden.[/FONT]

3. 06-04-2010  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    i totally agree with sunny.........variation is good.......and constructive critisim is best

4. 06-04-2010  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Here's my take on it:

Pluses:

- Vocals and the music in sync in terms of tune and beats.
    -It actually feels pretty ok if someone chooses to play like a minute of this in a remix. Pretty upbeat.

Things to work on.

- vocals too soft. The music drowns out the song. I would never do that to a remix.
    - variation. That is the key part of every house music song out there. The best ones have a lot of variation.

general feedback:

- Before you do remix, work out how you would like to structure the song. listen to some house music remixes you like of rap songs, and see how they pan out. I personally feel rap songs are hard to remix, but give you plenty of avenues for creativity since it has no "tune" that you need to stick to. Dont try and reinvent the wheel, its all right to pick up what someone has already done and overlay on top of it. Remix isnt about being completely original in terms of the tune. Its about being original in the way you handle the tune.

In general I agree with what Sunny says. I can tell you that this community has a lot of guys who will help you a lot. Heck I was a novice before I joined LR. Not that I am an expert now but I have come a long way thanks to the guys here. It all depends on how you take the feedback given mate :)
    -

5. 06-04-2010  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    woah dude, i wouldnt go that far, the vocal's not out of time, so it's no where near the worst i've heard, yes i agree the song needs variation, but chill out, comments like that can break someones spirit & everyone gotta start somewhere & will improve over time with practice.

well it's not out of beat etc etc.. but it sounds not good, and if it doesnt maybe i can say straight the things that wasnt good?.. that's how me do in sweden, i just want to be honest.. even if i seems to be negativ i'm not:) that kind of critic did i get when i was beginner, its not bad.. it was good for me actually=)
    [FONT="Courier New"]Producer / Singer / Remixer from Sweden.[/FONT]

6. 06-04-2010  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Highfive: its allright to be honest and upfront with people. Honestly I prefer that. But just remem maybe all are not like that. Some are just getting their feet wet in music production and are clueless. I know I was. And LR helped me a great deal. I just wanna make sure that we extend out the same courtesy to others as well. We could well have the next Deadmau5 or Freemasons. who knows! :)

7. 07-04-2010  #7

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny View Post
    woah dude, i wouldnt go that far, the vocal's not out of time, so it's no where near the worst i've heard, yes i agree the song needs variation, but chill out, comments like that can break someones spirit & everyone gotta start somewhere & will improve over time with practice.

anyhow... the track:
    tbf you can't just loop something, wack a vocal over it & call it a remix. you need to vary the percs/kick/claps anything to vary the monotony every 4/8/16 bars whatever floats your boat, you need to study song structure before stringing a tune together most tunes have sections with no bass or no kick varied percussion etc....

if i can help you in anyway mate give me a shout
    and yeah i could do with a LOT of help in that area tbh... the strong structuing bit especcially... i know the basics and all but the indepth stuff i'd need help with... if you have msn or something that'd be a huge help
    Like my stuff ?? Check out my site ! Hidden Content