Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. 22-01-2012  #11

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I really should go give these a listen! Your absolutely right! I was trying to narrow down my search thats all. I know that speakers are generally on preference. But guess trying to be a lazy git and get an easy solution ? :) Let me see where I can go listen to these in London. Any suggestions there ? :)

2. 22-01-2012  #12

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Haha!! I like your style!!! Yes!!! Turnkey! Awesome shop,with a massive range of everything.The website was down last time I checked but they should still be open.Its where I got a lot of my kit! Just I had to get my monitors in my own country so I could hear em first lol!! Its in soho,but its also apparently busy so if your gonna go give em a call first and make sure u can get to do what you wanna do!! Also to check they are still trading....but they should be as they've been around for years.Im not saying buy from there either m8,just a suggestion to get your preview!!! Other than there im not too sure soz...
    Last edited by Gaz; 22-01-2012 at 22:07.

Out there and back

3. 22-01-2012  #13

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Darren your a star mate! That's exactly what I need. Will give them a visit for sure!

4. 23-01-2012  #14

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Glad 2 be of some use for a change lol!!

;)

Saw an article about Turnkey that says they went into admin in 2008,but have a sister company called dolphin....however its in liverpool I think...

Did some digging and there is another one called dv music they have 4 stores in london so they may be the ones to try if you have no luck with turnkey.

Here is where their four stores are based in london.
    Barnet, North London
    Romford, East London
    Clapham, South London
    Acton, West London
    Last edited by Gaz; 23-01-2012 at 14:37.

Out there and back

5. 23-01-2012  #15

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've actually had both the KRK's and the M-Audio's and you definitely can't go wrong if you get a pair of the KRK's. Personally I like the sound of the M-Audio bx8a's more but that's why you listen to them yourself!
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

6. 23-01-2012  #16

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    thanks a lot mate! I owe you one! :)

7. 08-02-2012  #17

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    allright update from my side. I realise that having a budget of 200 pounds is severely limiting my options and am also being a little unreasonable. I have now decided to double it. So what would your reccomendation be now ? Will go check out KRK and now the Yamaha's for sure. Any others I should do let me know. Cheers for all the help!

Update:

I went to DV247. And now I have ordered the Yamaha. Although it was tough choosing between the KRK's and the Yamaha's. Finally decided on the yamaha's. Got one for now. WIll get the other later on. Cheers for the help!
    Last edited by icecoolz; 12-02-2012 at 13:57.

8. 20-06-2012  #18

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I love behringer - Great sound and not too much cost wise. I own a set of behringer Ms20 Near field monitors that I have in front of me in my studio for music production and... They work well. I also have a set of Mordaunt Short Music Series speakers running off a Cambridge Audio A1MK3 amp, the sound is really warm and of course - Powerfull. Be sure to check out room acoustics as well. Sometimes - Expensive Speakers can sound rubbish in the wrong settings.