1. 06-12-2011  #1

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Gobbler Music Cloud Backup Daw Free by Dec. 7th.

What's Gobbler?

Have you ever had a hard drive fail and didn’t have a backup? Do you have files spread across lots of external drives or computers? Do you wish there was a fast and reliable way to securely send and receive projects and media files that you’re working on? Well, it's here.

Gobbler is the backup, transfer, and organizational tool for managing audio project files and assets. Gobbler solves some of the most frustrating problems that musicians and producers face on a daily basis, without getting in your way or changing the way you work. We integrate with most major DAWs to help you keep your files secure, expedite the process of sending and receiving, and provide access to them from anywhere with an internet connection.

With Gobbler, you’ll never lose a project again. It’s extremely powerful, but simple to use.

Join the Beta and get 1 year free.

http://www.gobbler.com/

Thought you guys might like to know :D
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

2. 06-12-2011  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    nice idea. Few things to note:

Its MAC only right now. Although they do say that they will have a windows version soon.
    And this can become a massive trap. I dont really get what is so different to this than me, zipping up my work and storing it on a cloud based system, which is free. One year is a massive time for us to accumulate stuff. So do be careful. Cos after which, they might charge a bomb to keep in sync.
    Why do I need to download anything is something I dont understand. Web based cannot be done ?

3. 06-12-2011  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Yea good points. They might charge a lot to keep the service for you.

I think the main difference between normal cloud backup services is the ability to not have to zip it up and re-download. I've had a few experiences where the audio files in a Project Folder become out of sync on ProTools after moving from one hard drive to another so I believe Gobbler is saying they will keep it all sync'd for you.
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us