1. 22-06-2011  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A suggestion regarding adding information to the Forum Rules

I wanted to find out how I could DL from the Download Vault.

So after clicking on the link found in the top left corner and being told I was "either ignorant or STUPID!"
    No Permissions?
    Can't Download files??
    CLICK HERE to find out why!!
    Then:
    Here's an idea... TRY READING THE FORUM RULES (like you should have done when registering in the forum!!)

STOP WASTING OUR TIME
    http://lazyrecords.net/x2/misc.php?do=vsarules

I'd already read the forum rules. I understood the principle of the rep system and think it's a good idea.

However the forum rules do not state how to earn them. The only mention is:

literecords.com enforces stricter requirements due to leeching. 5 "rep" required to view download areas.
    You can of course purchase "reps" at very cheap prices, this in no way implies that we are selling you downloads. You are purchasing a fast-track method to gain longer access to the Download Vault. Click here for purchasing form.
    Note: Reps are only granted/charged in the Download Vault. Replies required to unveil hidden content in other areas of the site will cost nothing (this includes all sub-forums in the Premium Lounge).
    From this I understand that I need 5 "reps" to download and I can purchase "reps". I also understand that reps are given in the download section. I'm also led to believe for each download I will be charged one "rep"

After doing some searching I found this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad
    To gain reps you can either create a thread in the downloads section, be given a rep by another member or purchase them.

I believe it would be a good idea to add this information to the forum rules. It would also prevent a lot of the posts I saw in the Help Desk > Questions & Queries forum.

It's ironic that I'm being told I'm stupid or ignorant for not knowing why I can't download and then directed to the forum rules which also do not explicitly state how to earn the reps!

I'm not sure how this will be read or more importantly the tone of how it's received. I just want to state this is not in anyway me bitching or criticising. Just a friendly suggestion.

2. 22-06-2011  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Fair point. We appreciate any feedback provided it comes across in the right manner :) The mods have enough of a headache with leechers and people who do not take the time to read the rules and just, well, complain about not having access to the respective sections. Your friendly suggestion is def worth taking a look at :)

3. 22-06-2011  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    hmmm. maybe this is why we have the constant annoyance of people "WHY CANT I VIEW DOWNLOADS"

If there is no clear message telling people HOW to download. they wont get the message and will immediantly go to the mods and ask for help. to which we normal reply with fuck off and read the rules due to the growing ammount of people asking us. yet we see that we ourselves have not read the rules as they dont show a clear way of working well on this site. i would deffinantly take your suggestion but brad is the one that has to confirm it. wait for him to reply and see what he has to say bout it.

4. 22-06-2011  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

5. 26-06-2011  #5

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Your suggestion is well noted. You have found a flaw in our descriptive abilities... well MY descriptive abilities haha. It will be added shortly, thank you for bringing this to our attention and i apologize to all members for this lack of attention.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

6. 28-06-2011  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    Your suggestion is well noted. You have found a flaw in our descriptive abilities... well MY descriptive abilities haha. It will be added shortly, thank you for bringing this to our attention and i apologize to all members for this lack of attention.
    I'm glad I could help

7. 29-06-2011  #7

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    A sentence has been added with a link to more information provided on how to earn reps and other explained interest.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017