1. 04-05-2020  #11

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AMV12 View Post
    It's tricky to call. I've listened to the instrumental version floating around the internet which allowed me to hear some more of the details that would normally be buried under the vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC1G_hTOSA

I lined up some bits from the snippet to the instrumental in audacity and tried an A-B comparison. The only major differences I could hear was that at 2:32 on the instrumental, that fast low synth bit is slowly panning left to right, and the eq is very different, but then again it could be re-created using any decent software. The instruments themselves sound real, they don't sound like any karaoke version i've heard. I'd like to think I could soon tell if a song didn't sound right :)

I reckon there is a good chance of it being real, but it's whether they will actually send the files they have in full and in the same quality (i.e. not sending low bitrate/sample rate tracks that are pretty much useless) I'd hate for anyone to get scammed over this. Especially considering this individual has a known dodgy past as well; and I still have a question mark over the "bass" part.
    I know what you mean, it's always a possibility especially if you are a paranoid neurotic freak like me :p but the bass completely kills it. It's very easy to replicate those other non-concert stems parts if you can identify the plugin they used. They've already tried to recreate the piano and they've used it as an alleged real sample.

2. 04-05-2020  #12

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    The main thing from the snippet that throws me off is the lack of guitar, there's lots of synth work in the song that get buried in the mix so a cover/remake of any synth is difficult to say "that's legit" besides from the bridge synth.

I'd pass this off as fake though.

3. 04-05-2020  #13

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shikari-Fox View Post
    The main thing from the snippet that throws me off is the lack of guitar, there's lots of synth work in the song that get buried in the mix so a cover/remake of any synth is difficult to say "that's legit" besides from the bridge synth.

I'd pass this off as fake though.
    Especially considering the only stems from LP's Living Things album to ever see the light of day have come from remix contests (Lost in the Echo) or game rips (Burn It Down RB3 DLC).

4. 05-05-2020  #14

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Especially considering the only stems from LP's Living Things album to ever see the light of day have come from remix contests (Lost in the Echo) or game rips (Burn It Down RB3 DLC).
    And the Roads Untraveled multi.

5. 05-05-2020  #15

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    unfortunately nothing else from Linkin Park is out
    what exists in the hands of people have already leaked, that's all
    or try to buy the rights of the record companies if you're a remixer or something

6. 05-05-2020  #16

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Musiclife View Post
    or try to buy the rights of the record companies if you're a remixer or something
    Is this possible?

7. 05-05-2020  #17

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Is this possible?
    yes this is possible, not to buy but to remix yes I know that at least one member her has done that, But that was part of a big organisation you would have to be well known and have previous media exposure I guess.

8. 05-05-2020  #18

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    This is a sample I was forwarded by a contact who was actively trying to get LP's "Castle of Glass" multitrack. He got the sample from someone who was offering the multitrack for $200. That same someone is also a former Lite member who got banned a little while ago for soliciting for money to buy more LP multitracks, which he would then allegedly share with all of us here.

https://mega.nz/file/7r5nhYzB#mBd4BM...bXZm_RLtS1yJ-c

It's a 90-second MP3 of brief random stem samples stitched together. The average listener would agree that this is legit, but it's commonly known that crafty scammers have duped people out of their money or their trading material by providing recreated/retooled samples. So naturally anyone who knows anything would say "proceed at your own risk".

Anyone who has also downloaded the concert stems in the past would tell you that much of the sample sounds an awful lot like parts from that pack. However those concert stems were put together from the studio stems to begin with. Therein lies my dilemma.

Can anyone else have a listen and provide 2nd, 3rd and 40th opinion? Would be much appreciated.
    Mmm it can be, I think it's real and I would like that person to filter it

9. 05-05-2020  #19

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Is this possible?
    Not unless you're a big enough multimedia bigwig with the credentials and the connections which would make you worthy in their eyes to give it away to.