Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    **UPDATE**

I've made a lot traction on the GUI and should have it released by the end of the first week of June, along with an updated model that so far will be the best one I've made so far. On par with the one used to create the instrumentals in the other thread!
    Thanks for all your hard work Anjok am looking so forward to this..

2. 02-06-2020  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @Anjok would it be possible to train a model to preserve backing vocals within allowed boundaries? I work with music on the karaoke side of things and sing and record. Backing vocals would be very helpful. I realize they can't be preserved in all songs due to how the mix is done. but your A.I. has really helped to make instrumentals from older tracks I thought would never be possible. It could essentially just be another command that tries to filter and export another track but instead of being acapella it's the backing vocals.

3. 02-06-2020  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @Anjok would it be possible to train a model to preserve backing vocals within allowed boundaries? I work with music on the karaoke side of things and sing and record. Backing vocals would be very helpful. I realize they can't be preserved in all songs due to how the mix is done. but your A.I. has really helped to make instrumentals from older tracks I thought would never be possible. It could essentially just be another command that tries to filter and export another track but instead of being acapella it's the backing vocals.
    That's a good question and it's something I would have to experiment with. I think one way I can potentially make this happen is to train the AI on a dataset consisting of only full mixes paired with their official TV track counterparts. To have a model as effective as the ones I've shared, it would have to consist of at least 200 pairs as well. The GUI that's being developed will have a drop-down of models to choose from, so you'll be able to toggle between a karaoke model and a full vocal removal model.

4. 02-06-2020  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    That's a good question and it's something I would have to experiment with. I think one way I can potentially make this happen is to train the AI on a dataset consisting of only full mixes paired with their official TV track counterparts. To have a model as effective as the ones I've shared, it would have to consist of at least 200 pairs as well. The GUI that's being developed will have a drop-down of models to choose from, so you'll be able to toggle between a karaoke model and a full vocal removal model.
    That would be absolutely fantastic. Some songs leave backing vocals currently already but again, it depends on the mix. As for the earlier mention songs someone mentioned with talking parts, I have one such old country classic I'd like to get devocaled. I may have to send it to you since I bought a retail CD in order for you to have the full frequency of the track. But it's called "Phantom 309." Really would mean a lot to get it devocaled properly.

5. 02-06-2020  #5

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    need of some assistance....i had to reformat laptop and then i installed AI again but it wont run
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input bc.wav
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input bc.wav --gpu 0
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2>
    any thoughts

6. 03-06-2020  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rkeane View Post
    need of some assistance....i had to reformat laptop and then i installed AI again but it wont run
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input bc.wav
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2> python inference.py --input bc.wav --gpu 0
    PS C:\Users\rkean\Documents\vocal-removerV2>
    any thoughts
    Try adding "pip3 install numba==0.48.0" without quotes. It worked for me.
    cd in first then add that. Also in a few more days he should have a GUI version ready to go if you can wait for that.

7. 03-06-2020  #7

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    Try adding "pip3 install numba==0.48.0" without quotes. It worked for me.
    cd in first then add that. Also in a few more days he should have a GUI version ready to go if you can wait for that.
    How many tracks have you processed so far and did you ever figure out how long its taking per track?

8. 03-06-2020  #8

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    How many tracks have you processed so far and did you ever figure out how long its taking per track?
    using my sons set up with V2 took seconds depending on length of track......never anymore than 60 secs.....on my set up anything from 10 to 30 mins depending on length of track

9. 03-06-2020  #9

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    ***UPDATE***

The GUI is complete! I couldn't compile it to an executable due to PyTorch not wanting to play ball. Please see the main thread for more information on installation and links! The GUI comes with a brand new model that was trained on 700 pairs! The strongest one I've made thus far.

Enjoy everyone!

10. 03-06-2020  #10

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    104 Posts
    Thank you for the hard work!

Would the GUI work on Mac? A friend of mine is having issues, although I know there was no mention of Mac support, just Windows. I was curious if it would run.