Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. 08-03-2018  #1

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    You know i remember when we used to share tracks because we wanted to remix them and mashup with them. We shared because it helps the music scene, it helps build someone who just downloaded Logic or Audition and make them into artists. This is what this site is about.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 08-03-2018  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr3 View Post
    You know i remember when we used to share tracks because we wanted to remix them and mashup with them. We shared because it helps the music scene, it helps build someone who just downloaded Logic or Audition and make them into artists. This is what this site is about.
    At first that is exactly what I intended to do and I was going to get round to it, BUT family and life gets in the way I guess now I'm just becoming a collector looking for the time when I can actually do something with them, I have around 1000 of the things and I hope to make more use of them than just sitting on my hdd waiting to more than just, "in my collection"

3. 01-04-2018  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyman123 View Post
    At first that is exactly what I intended to do and I was going to get round to it, BUT family and life gets in the way I guess now I'm just becoming a collector looking for the time when I can actually do something with them, I have around 1000 of the things and I hope to make more use of them than just sitting on my hdd waiting to more than just, "in my collection"
    I know what you mean. Except in my case I don't have my own family, but I still find I lack time to do what I want. Even though I'm not the usual outgoing social person who only has outside hobbies, so I wonder what else I do with my time. Of course there is having artistic ideas for songs and then the technical skill of putting those ideas into the workflow of a multi track editor. I'm still cutting my teeth on that one. And yet my ideas are already advancing beyond my current skills

Against this, I still go on the hunt for songs I like. And in recent times a few goldies have shown up here. So I feel my faith in this site has been well placed. Even if I all am currently doing is listening to isolated tracks and making future plans in my head. But I still like to do that. It's in my nature, I like to see the technical side, I like to see how things work. And listening to drum solos is always cool to me. :-)

We can change the things we can change. We must let go of the things we can't. In a similar way, we can listen to the multi tracks there are available, which are plentiful. And let go of the ones that aren't, but still hope and dream. That almost sounded deep. :-D

4. 01-04-2018  #4

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypex View Post
    I know what you mean. Except in my case I don't have my own family, but I still find I lack time to do what I want. Even though I'm not the usual outgoing social person who only has outside hobbies, so I wonder what else I do with my time. Of course there is having artistic ideas for songs and then the technical skill of putting those ideas into the workflow of a multi track editor. I'm still cutting my teeth on that one. And yet my ideas are already advancing beyond my current skills

Against this, I still go on the hunt for songs I like. And in recent times a few goldies have shown up here. So I feel my faith in this site has been well placed. Even if I all am currently doing is listening to isolated tracks and making future plans in my head. But I still like to do that. It's in my nature, I like to see the technical side, I like to see how things work. And listening to drum solos is always cool to me. :-)

We can change the things we can change. We must let go of the things we can't. In a similar way, we can listen to the multi tracks there are available, which are plentiful. And let go of the ones that aren't, but still hope and dream. That almost sounded deep. :-D
    Couldn't of said it better!

5. 03-04-2018  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    Couldn't of said it better!
    Thanks! :-D

6. 04-01-2019  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I question how people find these...

7. 19-07-2019  #7

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squid_ward22 View Post
    I question how people find these...
    Free given by the artist, old remix contests (for the non RB part-mixed stems), some 70s and early 80s full multitracks were given to students in some audio class and now leak out, some other are available in too many studios that they easily leaked (Madonna, Michael Jackson, etc) and the rest sold illegally by someone with access.

In the past (2-3 years ago) all the traders/sellers hold the same stuff so it was a very good chance that someone will post it. After the last big leak (Michael Jackson, Chic, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, Wham, etc) they learned and they don't post anymore the names of the better stuff that they have and they are very careful who they are talking with. The result is that many full multitracks that people/traders/sells have not leaked anymore. The only big leak in the last year was the Janet Jackson multis. Even Earth Wind & Fire - Fantasy (24 tracks) not been leaked in the 2 years that it's available for sell/trade (It's not a secret that people have it) and too many have it already.

8. 19-12-2019  #8

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    For me personally, any stems from the 80's are very welcome. Sure, I'm aging myself -
    but it really is something special to hear the stems/multitracks 👍