...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

The Blue Lounge, Bury

"Wait for the buffer to load for play without lagg"

Well on Friday i was signed up as resident of a bar under new management. It used to be well known as a local hip-hop/reggae bar. The new owner has brought me in to play cheese/chart/old skool, 8pm-2am Fridays and Saturdays. As you can imagine Friday went rather poor as no promotion was given to advertise the new features, so i was gettin grief from all angles. Saturday though i decided to play the cheese/old until about 10/11 and then go into more classic retro/dance music and its shown promise. So next week i play to have a quiet chat with the management and ask them to allow me to do what i feel is best for the bar, fingers crossed :s. This is The Blue Lounge, Bury, Manchester.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

2. 31-01-2011  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It is so blue I love it and want it as my bedroom.
    no promotion was given to advertise the new features, so i was gettin grief from all angles.
    I really really really really do not understand owners who would fail to promote a re-opening with an entirely different music policy. I mean COME ON. How could they expect anything but a night full of people bitching at you to play what they normally hear and leaving early when you arn't allowed to. Well I guess they are from Bury.

Good luck though! Hopefully with enough persuasion you can mould it into something great.

Was the video on Friday or Saturday night, cos you don't look happy?

3. 31-01-2011  #3

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Saturday, i wasnt happy cause it still isnt busy, but a big improvement i suppose.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017