1. 24-06-2012  #11

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsbyMaidah View Post
    ProTools is more geared for plugins and audio recording which logic is inferior for.
    thats not true. studies show absolutely no difference between logic's & protools audio engines. the TOP mixers & engineers use both, some prefer logic, some protools.
    couple of years ago there was a difference pluginwise because there were lots of plugins made exclusively for protools (AS) nowadays almost every plugin company has also AU and VST versions.

not to mention logic comes more than geared with amazing plugins & instruments.

2. 25-06-2012  #12

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Actually blind studies show that the logic engine is preferred to the pro tools engine (running a clean .wav file through both) and professionals prefer the bouncedown sound of Logic. However, the reason PT is geared towards audio recording and pros prefer it is because of several issues that Logic still hasn't fixed in terms of professional mixing (the most notable being panning control, bussing etc), so yea, it is still inferior until they update it.

My statement is correct as PT is ALL about plugins (it comes with almost nothing in box) whereas Logic is built more for composing in the box hence it takes fewer shortcuts to automate etc in Logic as it does in PT. I never said you can't record audio or mix professionally in the box, you can, and 10% of professionals do, however those professionals are generally TV soundtrack professionals not record makers.

Also, if you look at the comment I responded to, he said he couldn't reproduce the sound he made in Logic in PT, well yea, that's because PT doesn't come with synth plugins that electronic music producers want.

Quote Originally Posted by biostunes View Post
    thats not true. studies show absolutely no difference between logic's & protools audio engines. the TOP mixers & engineers use both, some prefer logic, some protools.
    couple of years ago there was a difference pluginwise because there were lots of plugins made exclusively for protools (AS) nowadays almost every plugin company has also AU and VST versions.

not to mention logic comes more than geared with amazing plugins & instruments.
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

3. 29-06-2012  #13

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Logic is also geared towards plugins and audio recording...Logic has many built in plugins that have a much different sound that protools and there are no other plugins that can get close to it. I use logic to get those sounds then bounce the audio tracks to protools and run it to my board for more mixing. Neither is inferior to one another and both have certain strengths and weaknesses

4. 25-07-2012  #14

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking

i use Logic Pro 9!