1. 27-09-2011  #11

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by siqnoise View Post
    There is a guitar expansion for Nexus :)
    The Nexus guitars aren't appropriate for funk guitar at all, not even close. You *can* get away with using their electric bass stuff, and their muted guitars sound good, but they're typically synthy (albeit less so than most synths/romplers that try to incorporate guitar sounds).

NI Funk Guitarist is definitely a solid bet, I'm pretty sure it was used for the guitar in Moves Like Jagger...it sounds identical, but they just made a custom riff pattern for it as it's definitely not a preset pattern they're using.

I'd always recommend actually recording a guitar so that you're being original, but it's not feasible for a lot of people...learning it or booking someone, and buying recording equipment if you don't already have it. Us bedroom producers just want a VST for everything :).

2. 18-10-2011  #12

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Funk guitarist is dope. You can create your own riffs in it!

3. 22-10-2011  #13

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    As a funk guitar player myself, i gotta say, nothing beats the real deal. NI Funk Guitarist is the closest you'll get, and it sounds pretty great for a virtual instrument.

4. 02-11-2011  #14

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'm guitar player myself, and funk guitar is not such a easy thing to do you know, it may sound like you just need to make a basic rhythm, but you actually need to be a part of the whole groove, not just a cool pattern here and there.
    i recorded this some days ago, it's pretty basic stuff, but i think it sounds cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1zxfRpELYw