1. 07-11-2010  #1

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Modern Warfare 2 - Domination tips

Hey guys. Seeing MW2 is going to be in its dieing days as soon as black ops comes out, I thought i would post my last thought and give some tips to people who are gonna stick to MW2.

MW2 was a fairly odd game. Some people loved it and others hated the new guns and perks that came along with it. Personally i reckon it was a major step up from cod 4. Thats alot coming from me. I used to spend hours on end playing cod 4 with mates. MW2 was a kind of lop sided game when it came to glitches and bugs. There where alot that could really help you. Like the running really fast while holding a care package glitch. Others just really pissed overyone off. Like multiple wall bugs where people who someho teleport into walls and would bassically ruin the whole experience. The worst part about the game was that the game was extremly unbalenced. You have small guns like the ump which would tear up a group of people. Then you had large guns like the l86 which took a million bullets just to bring them down. That to me was the major let down. Otherwise a fantastic game that millions have enjoyed and played every day.

Now for a couple of tips for the gametype of domination.

Was just playing then and I managed to get
    • 53 - 14
    • 49 - 12
    • and
    • 36 - 19

I would say they are pretty decent scores. All played in domination while using Predator, Harriers and Pavelow.

In domination, the main aim is to hold points. Therefore, in my mind there are 2 extremely effective guns to use to hold a marker. These guns are ACR with silencer. Or RPD with grip.

If you are one to go under the radar so to speak and stay hidden. Then the ACR with silencer is best for you. Make sure you have ninja and cold blooded on. This is largely effective as it gives you the element of surprise. If no one knows your there, then they most likely will not check.

If you like to Spray and Pray and would rather not have to reload all the time. Then use the RPD. It is great for holding a position as most of the time you are aiming down a hallway or pathway and they have no choice but to run straight into your bullets.

Also, you are going to want to only capture A and B, or C and B. This allows you to hold 2 points without swaping the spawning systems over. When holding 2 points, dont go near the other teams point as this will swap the spawn system and you will loose a position.

Lastly is killstreaks. I generally use Pred, Harrier and Pavelow for these reasons. Predator not only gives you kills. But you are able to sus out where some of the other team is. Giving you an advantage if they are near your position. Secondly i use the harriers. This is largely effective in open areas that have a fairly compacted spawn. Maps like wasteland and rundown. This is used to make the other team camp so you can hold your position, and used to get your extra 2 kills to gain your pavelow. The pavelow is not really that effective in domination, I just use it because i just generally like that killstreak. If your gonna play alot of domination then I would suggest go for the Emergency Airdrop as most of the time it provides decent care packages like harriers and predators.

Thats all i have for the game type domination. Let me know if you want to hear some more tips. Also, let me know if these tips helped.
    Last edited by Noooch; 12-11-2010 at 14:50. Reason: adding extra info

2. 08-11-2010  #2

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Nice helpful tips noooch! The ONLY game type that me and my group play is Domination. We have found that "B" is essential to hold if you want to win. Also, some maps are not balanced very well in terms of spawn locations, for example Skid Row. We NEVER capture "A". "B" and "C" are the ones to hold if you want to win, unless the other team are newbies.

3. 12-11-2010  #3

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    We NEVER capture "A". "B" and "C" are the ones to hold if you want to win, unless the other team are newbies.
    Yeah same as me and my mates when we play. I forgot to add that in. Thanx.