Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Question Couple of general questions about sharing and uploading material

OK,

Im new here, and I have read the terms and general rules. IŽve also browsed the help section, so I hope I didnŽt miss this somewhere.

First question:

What is the easiest way to compare the available material in thsi forum against my own collection to see if I do actually have something that has not been posted? Can I download a list or something?

Second question:

Any suggestions as to what the best servers for uploading and linking to are right now?

2. 03-03-2015  #2

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    First Answer: Not really an easy way to do it, but to rule a lot, all harmonix stuff has been added besides the newest DLC.
    Second: MEGA is a great one so far, also Google DOCs, and some people use dropbox.
    Other places like Mediafire, and the one that keeps files for 30 days unless downloaded are not really too good for sites like this one.

If you need any further help I'm always on Skype.
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)

3. 03-03-2015  #3

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    I suppose this is something i could help shed a little light on.

Q&A 1 - We all upload files here and they are indexed in an SQL database alongside everything else. I'm not going to risk vulnerabilities to the database so downloading an indexed list is out im afraid. You can use the search function or simply browse through the forums.

Q&A 2 - This is a frequently asked query and the answer changes with individual preference, features included & of course time. MEGA is a growing host and seems to be gathering quite the fan base, its compatibility with my preferred browser choice is limited so that's not for me. Ive had a Mediafire account for years and years and rarely do i have anything negative to say about them. I rename my files before uploading them to prevent any unwanted interest.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

4. 03-03-2015  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    burntscarr, IŽll take you up on your offer and will be sending you a request on Skype later, thank you.

5. 03-03-2015  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Thank you Brad, congratulations on a kick ass forum!

A follow up question:
    Can I upload a list in whatever fomat (PDF, Word, plain text...) for the general forum population to see, so that if someone finds something that I have and is not available in the forum they can send me a request? Has anyone done something of the sort? Any issues with that?

6. 03-03-2015  #6

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Thank you for your kind words, i just built the canvas, every member has helped paint the masterpiece.

We dont facilitate an area for members to catalog their directories. The shares work on a 'you get what you see' policy. If one desires a file that isnt readily available they must open a request (costing 5 credits and, if filled, is usually sent exclusively to them). Your method wouldnt reach its maximum audience nor get you the credits to justify your work.

The protocol mentioned in my earlier post is the best option.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

7. 03-03-2015  #7

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Very well then, I guess IŽll do some browsing then. Thanks for replying so quickly.

8. 31-03-2015  #8

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is there a minimum bitrate for uploads?