1. 07-09-2010  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deadmau5 & David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi - Memories of Ghosts 'N Stuff

I've always heard these two songs and thought: Wow, these are both in the same key and sound A LOT alike. So, now that I have the resources and experience, I made a mash-up!

please Rep if you enjoy!!

:)

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/adamjared/memories-of-ghosts-n-stuff[/SOUNDCLOUD]
    Last edited by adamjared; 11-09-2010 at 00:52.

2. 11-09-2010  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adamjared View Post
    I've always heard these two songs and thought: Wow, these are both in the same key and sound A LOT alike. So, now that I have the resources and experience, I made a mash-up!

please Rep if you enjoy!!

:)

[SOUNDCLOUD]http://soundcloud.com/adamjared/memories-of-ghosts-n-stuff[/SOUNDCLOUD]
    I uploaded it to soundcloud finally... lol, let me know what you think now!

3. 11-09-2010  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    adam nice work! It definitely goes well together mate! Mastering needs some work tho. Otherwise pretty sweet!

4. 13-10-2010  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Congrats adamjared. This is a good idea. However, there are parts where it was not executed well. The part of Kid Cudi's vocals that go "Hey Hey..whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo" really don't fit the chord structure of that track. It would have sounded more correct if you had used the portion where he says "It's getting late but I don't mind" instead. Also, the original vocals from Ghosts n' Stuff does not really fit in to that mashup. Yes, they are part of the original song, but logically it doesn't fit the mashup. At 2:13 - 2:28 you begin the verse of "Memories" but on a section of Ghost n Stuff that is very heavy melodically. It would have sounded better and more consistent if you had used the same section as you did at the start of the mix. It doesn't seem like you thought out the editing process for the primary beat. At 3:43 you overlap the vocals of "Memories" over the vocals of "Ghost n Stuff". It sounds like a vocal clash. Even if you had intended it it doesn't sound good because those vocals are not being used as "Ad lib" vocals to back up the main vocals. I hope you take this as constructive. The idea is good, just the execution needs work.