Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

RE: Posting Rules

Hey,

I think something that should be addressed here in regards to posting topics with acapellas, instrumentals and especially stems, is quality.

I have wasted reps on low quality mp3 downloads, and I thought that it was in the rules that quality of files was required to be provided in the post by the poster?? If it isn't i think it should be. Anyone else feel the same way?

I just downloaded some stems that were 238kbps mp3 files, and that is not mentioned. Those are no good in quality terms.

VG

2. 23-04-2014  #2

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    We ask that members include relevant information to the file/s they provide. Sometimes member are not the original source of the file and dont know the kbps or format. I can include prefixes in the track stems but we cant make it mandatory to include kbps. Have you any ideas on what prefixes should be included? Im guessing format would be preferable (MP3, WAV, FLAC etc). Acapellas & instruments already have prefixes for quality ie: studio, DIYs, karaoke etc.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

3. 24-04-2014  #3

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Format would be the only sensible thing to include in the thread titles, or inside the description of the uploader's posts at the very least (as I've done in the past).

The only thing that people would have to keep in mind is that their file(s) might be upscaled.

4. 25-04-2014  #4

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Ok i will add prefixes to the track stems forums. What options? MP3, WAV, FLAC & anymore?

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

5. 25-04-2014  #5

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Should "ogg" and "Monkey's Audio" (which I THINK is "shn" format) be added?

6. 23-06-2014  #6

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    I deal with various boot sites, and they usually require known lineage, and ONLY accept wav or lossless formats (flac, shn, mainly). Absolutely no upscaling is allowed, these guys check, and inferior formats (not necessarilly source quality) are not allowed, EVER!!!
    That being said, a majority of what is available comes from games & has already been compressed & is lossy. No matter how it's extracted the quality is degraded from the source material.
    I think a minimum should be to list all tracks in the download & their format. Format doesn't denote quality though. Some rippers do better jobs than others, though if my only source is poor quality, I'll gladly take that than none at all ... and be EXTREMELY appreciative of their effort.

7. 25-06-2014  #7

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts
    One issue with this, is that some people will post an MP3, but we can't re-post the same thing, even if we have a lossless version of it. I think maybe something could be done about that, but how, I don't know.

Ideas:
    -Add a 'More Formats' thing at the bottom, that expands and lets the downloader choose what format they'd like.
    This would have to be monitored by Admins to make sure no one just upscaled a file to post it in there.
    -Allow multiple posts, as long as they aren't the same format. (Not very good)
    -Reply with more...
    Be sure to reply! It doesn't cost anything, and everyone benefits from feedback. Thank you! (Feel free to DM any questions, here on Discord as burntscarr#0420, or on Telegram Hidden Content and I’ll get back much faster than a message on here.)