Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Cubase 7

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/whats_new.html

released on dec 5th with a whole new mixer interface which seems to have sorted out the problem with it re-sizing every time it was opened.

2. 17-11-2012  #2

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    hmmmm,I think like many users stuck with sx 3 on windows me for ages and still do,I perhaps will continue to run 5 on windows xp with my old m-audio pci card.There's an old saying....if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Cubase 7 for me = Cubase Licence Upgrade = New pc = @ least I7 chip = windows 8 = @ least 16gb ram = @ least 4TB drive (maybe even a small ssd for the os) = @ least UAD or M-Audio PCI express = New video card = Ultra Quiet PSU......NOPE!!

lol

Too much money! And thats before I have checked out the new features

Out there and back

3. 17-11-2012  #3

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Thanks for the info. For me the upgrade form SX3 to Cubase 6.5 has been worth while. Lots of new features in the audio section that are beneficial for my megamixes.
    @Big Daddy Gaz: i'm runnung it on a 3 year old laptop. The only specific topic then was a 7200 rpm hd. All the rest is standard. It works great.

Cheers.

4. 17-11-2012  #4

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Yeh I can understand that megamix....each user is gonna have their own criteria,and it depends on what you are doing,how you work etc.

Im just not prepared to upgrade my pc so thats the bit that gets me.I built this one about 6 yrs ago,went from sx3,to studio 4 to 4 to 5....

And im a happy camper....!

I need to record lots of things hence why I need to keep my m-audio card .... and they just cannot run on a pcie...booo

Otherwise it would be a no brainer....dont fancy sticking 6 or 7 onto my xp pc that can only run 3gb ram,specially for how I operate.Would maybe consider it for the laptop,if it didnt cost so much for a new copy

Out there and back

5. 26-11-2012  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i have the same problem my computer barely runs 5, so an upgrade for me will be happening, whenever i can afford it. if you upgraded to 6.5 on the 25th of october or after, you will get a free upgrade to 7

6. 26-11-2012  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy Gaz View Post
    Yeh I can understand that megamix....each user is gonna have their own criteria,and it depends on what you are doing,how you work etc.

Im just not prepared to upgrade my pc so thats the bit that gets me.I built this one about 6 yrs ago,went from sx3,to studio 4 to 4 to 5....

And im a happy camper....!

I need to record lots of things hence why I need to keep my m-audio card .... and they just cannot run on a pcie...booo

Otherwise it would be a no brainer....dont fancy sticking 6 or 7 onto my xp pc that can only run 3gb ram,specially for how I operate.Would maybe consider it for the laptop,if it didnt cost so much for a new copy
    they will be a 30 day trial i would imagine, there was for 6 and 6.5, can always get the trial and see how the comp performs, you do need a steinberg e licence dongle though.

7. 26-11-2012  #7

Staff Team

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    I have one,I dont think you guys follow....

I want a new pc,and if I get the new cubase,its gonna make me want one even more,and I dont wanna spend the money or ditch my delta 10/10.Thats all....

Im sure 7 will be just dandy,Im not disagreeing with that.

:)

Out there and back