1. 12-05-2012  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

learning perfection

When is enough enough on your track.....how do u know when its the finished track...as im still learning and using new vstis etc etc
    and when i go back to a track with new ideas i find it hard not to tinker with it.....

2. 17-05-2012  #2

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zedicusprime View Post
    When is enough enough on your track.....how do u know when its the finished track...as im still learning and using new vstis etc etc
    and when i go back to a track with new ideas i find it hard not to tinker with it.....
    Every project is a learning experience and no matter how good or professional you are, you are always learning, just watch any interview, they all say the same thing. It's not a bad thing and often encouraged to re-visit projects (to see how you can improve it based on your new skills) but an equally good skill to have is to complete a song and move on. Personally, I find I will never be happy enough to call a track "completed" so I just get it to a point I think is acceptable, bounce it, and move on to the next.
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

3. 12-06-2012  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatsbyMaidah View Post
    Every project is a learning experience and no matter how good or professional you are, you are always learning, just watch any interview, they all say the same thing. It's not a bad thing and often encouraged to re-visit projects (to see how you can improve it based on your new skills) but an equally good skill to have is to complete a song and move on. Personally, I find I will never be happy enough to call a track "completed" so I just get it to a point I think is acceptable, bounce it, and move on to the next.
    Well Said Dude. Well put.

4. 04-03-2013  #4

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Lots of good advice all leaning towards logic. I especially like the point of sticking with one piece of production software.
    cptsparkle
    [COLOR="#FF0000"][B][I]Evil Nun Sound Labs[/I][/B][/COLOR]
    San Francisco, California