1. 14-01-2012  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Label or no label??

would you rather be with a label or on your own?
    [SIZE=4]Everyone does things their own way[/SIZE]

2. 21-01-2012  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    IF I were a producer making my own stuff I would rather be with a label, it's so rare and can drop you with serious advantages! They can sort you out with a vocalist and before you know it you could suddenly end up with a cracking tune that sells in thousands (or even more!) - good luck doing that by yourself.

Then for mashup producing (which Is the type of producing I do) I would also chose to be with a label as they could pay you money, VERY rare for a mashup producer to earn money.. so it's an easy choice for me there. They can also try contact other labels and never know, maybe you could end up with your mashup on sale to be public! Very rare I know but it's a million times more likely if you have a label to do all the work for you, all you do is make the tracks.

Of course there are some disadvantages but personally I'd say being with a label poses more benefits.

3. 11-03-2012  #3

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If you can get with a label.. you go with the label.. then your more likely to get paid.. but if your doing it for the love of the music.. fuck the label :D

4. 13-03-2012  #4

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Licensing houses are the "new" labels. Since internet has become such a majority of music sales and discovery, licensing houses are becoming powerhouses and more or less can give you a similar type of support as a "traditional label".
    all we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us

5. 14-06-2012  #5

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a lot of artists have got their own label. for example van doorn has got the doorn label. i think that manage your own label should be nice. you publish your works , try to look for others , be always updated about news and you might earn a lot of money $.$ (if you're good)

6. 26-07-2012  #6

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Starting your own label would take a ton of money, so if your just starting out it would probably be better to start on someone else's label and if you really wanted to if you had the cash you could start your own label