1. 18-11-2011  #1

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi!

Hey, I'm from Canada and am just looking into how people make remixes. I found this site after some googling and am hoping to earn some cred, so I can download a stem or two, just to see what they're like.

If any of the Admin people are viewing this, I have a suggestion. Newbies need to invest some time in gaining reps before knowing the quality of the site, or the sites stems, etc, - basically a new person has to begin contributing to the community before knowing if the community is for him/her. My thought is that if newbies get enough reps upon joining to download one stem, it will help them assess the quality of the site is like before deciding to join the community. And keeping it to a single download would still keep file grabbers in check. Just a thought.

Anyway, I'm glad to have found the site, and look forward to exploring it.

Shawn

2. 18-11-2011  #2

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Okay, I found the history page for the rep system, and understand the reason newbies don't get reps out of the gate. I'm not clear on how to gain rep, though... as somebody brand new to remixes (as in, I've never created one) I don't have any samples to share. Does anyone have suggestions on how to gain enough rep to download some material to create a mix I can share?