1. 15-09-2020  #331

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    The new model is really outperforming every other one. Keep up the good work! I will update it on Colab soon :)
    yes pleeeease do! excited to try.

2. 17-09-2020  #332

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    is there a way to exclude the Mask files from export?

3. 17-09-2020  #333

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimkeal View Post
    is there a way to exclude the Mask files from export?
    If you are using the GUI, there is a checkbox for that Mask. Make sure it's unchecked.

4. 17-09-2020  #334

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    If you are using the GUI, there is a checkbox for that Mask. Make sure it's unchecked.
    Any way you could get the current version on colab or is there something I could do to get the new version on colab from my end? Thanks

5. 17-09-2020  #335

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chilinvilin View Post
    Any way you could get the current version on colab or is there something I could do to get the new version on colab from my end? Thanks
    I just updated Colab and you should be able to run the new multi-genre model, alongside the older ones too.

6. 17-09-2020  #336

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I know for most having the cleanest instrumentals possible is a must. But for some of us it is important to have backing vocals.
    Be it may I don't know much about coding, I do have a little understanding of how some of this works. The models for the most part use clean vocal tracks and clean instrumentals to help train the models. Unfortunately the songs I have uploaded for @Anjok that are Evanescence from Rockband do have backing vocals in the vocal tracks. I feel using those to try and train a separate model will help the A.I. pull more backing vocals out of the instrumental in the pella track which will allow me to filter out the backing vocals better for my use. As it stands the A.I. gets most of the pella but also bits and pieces of the backing vocals which is why I can't get good filters. I do hope something is possible because there are still many Evanescence songs that never made it out to karaoke venues and I want to make the best renditions of them possible. Thanks. I'm referring to the Google Colab method of course since it's possible to add more than one model to use.
    Last edited by NewAgeRipper; 17-09-2020 at 22:32.

7. 17-09-2020  #337

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i am but i don't see that. also, could be a cool idea to have a checkbox to make save to the same location as music file location? just to save some navigation time :) happy i got the GUI working. it's dope!

8. 18-09-2020  #338

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    I know for most having the cleanest instrumentals possible is a must. But for some of us it is important to have backing vocals.
    I feel the backing vocal pain. I do wonder what the best approach is. I have found most every model to date has tended to leave choral type backings in at least mostly, so I think that making a custom model for that type of backing might be very much a future option. Granted I know nothing about the actual training process. Anjok is the expert here on that. Just an observation.

One thing that has been extremely useful for me, even though it is time consuming, is spectral editing. If you haven't dug into it, I highly recommend it. Not only is it critical for cleaning up any left over bits and pieces, but it can also be a big help with backings. Specifically if the backings kind just overlap the main vocals a little bit, often times I can isolate and clean out one of the two layers effectively. Like if one line is just holding a note, and the next one comes in with a hard consonant sound like S or T, that sound represents as a thick vertical line across the spectrum that can be muted, while the long held note is horizontal. Easy. Otherwise, so long as the note is different on the next line, you can usually identify it because it will start in a part of the spectrum that the previous note was not occupying, so by isolating and muting out those horizontal lines, you can pull the vocal layers apart as well.

Not the easiest solution of course, but I have managed to use it effectively in many cases so far. Course when it's extra complicated, like two different vocal lines on top of each other completely, yeah, I do get the feeling that trying to train the AI to do one and not the other might be next levels of challenging.

9. 18-09-2020  #339

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts
    The problem with spectral editing is taking out something usually takes something important in the same spectrum with it. It's always best to do minimal surgery for best high quality results in my opinion.
    Still waiting for the vocal making side to catch up. Long ways to go. Pretty much all of the UVR vocals are washed out and unusable.

10. 22-09-2020  #340

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by INGSOC View Post
    The problem with spectral editing is taking out something usually takes something important in the same spectrum with it. It's always best to do minimal surgery for best high quality results in my opinion.
    Still waiting for the vocal making side to catch up. Long ways to go. Pretty much all of the UVR vocals are washed out and unusable.
    In isolation yes, but when the vocals are mixed in with any music, they sound more solid like you expect them to be. I've muted and unmuted the vocals while playing both them and the instrumental listening for that difference. I'm not saying it improves the vocal track. Just saying it hides the washed out sound and gives the illusion of sounding better as long as there is music present.