1. 15-06-2020  #191

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    ***Update***

First off I just want to say thank you to @NewAgeRipper for doing an excellent job on the tutorial and for the shout-out!

I'm ironing out some bug in the update and it should be released sometime this week for sure! I'm trying to make sure that all of my future releases can be universally run with no issues before releasing them. I've had some help from a gifted Python coder to help bring my vision for GUI to life and I'm VERY happy with the options we were able to add to make it the best!

To clarify, the stacked model was trained on pairs consisting of conversions of mixes and official instrumentals. The point was reduce the vocal pinches and audio static in some tracks. The model works best when a track is run through it more than once and that is where the "Stack Passes" option comes in. The amount of conversion passes needed to reduce the vocal pinches will vary from track to track.

Regarding the possibility of having an AI that keep background vocals for karaoke tracks - I'm not entirely sure how effective it would be considering how I would train the AI to keep them in. The results are not consistent enough. This is something that will need to be thoroughly tested and will require a lot most research.

2. 15-06-2020  #192

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    thanks man, the best one ive heard so far is phonicmind but its not free but the preview was the cleanest so far but still not perfect, is demucs better than phonic mind?

3. 15-06-2020  #193

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danizm View Post
    thanks man, the best one ive heard so far is phonicmind but its not free but the preview was the cleanest so far but still not perfect, is demucs better than phonic mind?
    Never heard of phonicmind. Do you have a weblink? just don't put the whole link in. Example: use h**p://example dot com.

4. 15-06-2020  #194

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    hey mate, just google phonicmind , one word its the first result, i have never used it or payed to use it just the other night i threw a track into it and it gives you a little preview like 20 seconds of each stem online, they sounded better than all the other free ones, but this demucs sounds very interesting.

5. 15-06-2020  #195

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    hey mate, just google phonicmind , one word its the first result, i have never used it or payed to use it just the other night i threw a track into it and it gives you a little preview like 20 seconds of each stem online, they sounded better than all the other free ones, but this demucs sounds very interesting.
    Phonicmind used to be the best because it had no rivals, but just for 2-3 years things have changed. A lot of tools are better than Phonicmind, including this one and Demucs.

The stems that it extract sound very unconfident - the drums have a lot of bleed and are mixed with some synths, the bass is okay, and the vocals are also just fine.

6. 15-06-2020  #196

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    thank you mate, so when you say the stems have a lot of bleed are you refering to phonicmind or demucs? i dont have google drive or anything but i think i am going to set it up so i can use demucs.

7. 15-06-2020  #197

Email Not Confirmed

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I've tried phonicminds and https://www.remove-vocals.com/ but the one on page 1 is the best so far. And it keeps a wav file intact without cutting all frequencies above 14000 Hz

8. 15-06-2020  #198

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelman60 View Post
    I've tried phonicminds and https://www.remove-vocals.com/ but the one on page 1 is the best so far. And it keeps a wav file intact without cutting all frequencies above 14000 Hz
    The site you listed is based on spleeter. Demucs as posted by @djtayz is way better.

9. 15-06-2020  #199

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    thank you mate, so when you say the stems have a lot of bleed are you refering to phonicmind or demucs? i dont have google drive or anything but i think i am going to set it up so i can use demucs.
    He means phonicmind has bleed. Demucs by @djtayz is way better.

10. 18-06-2020  #200

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hello! I followed all the instructions and installed everything but when I try to launch the vocal remover I get the following error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error.png 
Views:	7 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	657

I tried reinstalling Python and all the files but it didn't solve the issue. I don't have any experience with Python so I'd appreciate if anyone could help me with this issue.