1. 13-05-2020  #1

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Can People Please Include File Lists in Stem/Multitrack Posts?

I do find it honestly annoying to go to a thread and just see a link with a little message, if you post in the stems & multitrack section, please share the contents of the pack as well. you don't have to list every thing one by one, just say something along the lines of "5 drum tracks." It gives people a better understanding of what they are getting.

Thank you.

2. 13-05-2020  #2

Memorial Account

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    If I'm interpreting this right, this is actually a rule for the forum!

- When posting packs or archives, content details must be included in the thread.
    So really everyone should be doing this or else be warned/banned! I have done it in all my multitrack posts. And I agree it's super annoying that people would make you spend a credit and download it before figuring out what you're getting.

3. 13-05-2020  #3

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Then the site needs to allow larger attachments/embedded images because it's a total pain in the bootyhole to manually type up every filename inside the pack, especially when dealing with large sessions of 30+ files.

4. 13-05-2020  #4

Memorial Account

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by patrik View Post
    Then the site needs to allow larger attachments/embedded images because it's a total pain in the bootyhole to manually type up every filename inside the pack, especially when dealing with large sessions of 30+ files.
    You don't have to do this manually. It's very simple to get all the filenames just by doing Select all -> hold shift -> right click -> copy as path

This puts all the filenames on your clipboard. You can paste it in and just delete the c:\blablabla\stuff

Or you can open in powershell, type ls and hold down ALT to select just the filenames, again copy and paste into the post.

5. 13-05-2020  #5

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by multiman View Post
    You don't have to do this manually. It's very simple to get all the filenames just by doing Select all -> hold shift -> right click -> copy as path

This puts all the filenames on your clipboard. You can paste it in and just delete the c:\blablabla\stuff

Or you can open in powershell, type ls and hold down ALT to select just the filenames, again copy and paste into the post.
    I didn't know this was a rule but I do now so i will do so in future.

6. 13-05-2020  #6

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    It's very simple to get all the filenames just by doing Select all -> hold shift -> right click -> copy as path.
    Copy/pasting all that text is excessive. You're better off taking a screenshot of the folder and embed it.

7. 14-05-2020  #7

Banned

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts
    That's why I said just list groups, check my post of Secrets and Falling Away From Me - 5 backing vocals, 5 drums etc.

8. 18-05-2020  #8

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    While this started as a solid term it was difficult to find an easy method that members would follow. We was going to leave it some time and think about alternatives. Over time it was forgotten about but we left it in the T&C to encourage members to list content - even if there was nothing disciplinary against not doing so.

Hands-up, i have been an 'offender' myself, i will try and change my ways too. My apologies to all.

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

9. 19-05-2020  #9

...envied by many

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts

On OSX:

Select files or select all - (CMD + A)
    Copy files (CMD + C)
    Open TextEdit
    Edit > 'Paste and match style'

Manchester UK 2005-2007 Magaluf ES 2006 - 2007 ​Blackpool UK 2009 Manchester UK 2010-2017

10. 19-05-2020  #10

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Copy/pasting all that text is excessive. You're better off taking a screenshot of the folder and embed it.
    I have a little bat script that makes it easy. Place the bat in the folder and double click it. 1 sec later you have a text file with the contents.