Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
  1. 19-06-2020  #211

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Unfortunately, trying the stack model, my songs also came out with almost nothing removed, just some high ends of the vocals. I tried the stack model only, then stack + passes, then multi-genre + passes.

2. 19-06-2020  #212

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    You need to convert the song first with the Multi-Genre Model

Then you convert the instrumental with the stacked model, and it removes additional left-over vocals, mostly in the mid-high range.

The Multi-Genre model and other main models like it are the primary remover models.
    The stacking style models are the second, third, fourth pass etc.

Bear in mind that each additional pass with the stacking model will bear less results. The first pass will always yield mostly vocals, and additional passes will yield more instrumentation, so the trick is figuring out the sweet spot. How many passes get the audio as good as it can before it starts to degrade. Also, some 'parts' of a track may do better with more passes than other 'parts'. So really, if you want to be a perfectionist... you need to look over every additional vocal track that the stacking model provides and decide what to reinsert into the instrumental, like you would with the original Multi-Genre Model conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    Unfortunately, trying the stack model, my songs also came out with almost nothing removed, just some high ends of the vocals. I tried the stack model only, then stack + passes, then multi-genre + passes.
    All this being said, if you all are converting with the Multi-Genre first and then the Stacking Model and getting poor results, ... then there is a bug. :)
    Last edited by ChrisCall; 19-06-2020 at 09:01.

3. 19-06-2020  #213

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCall View Post
    You need to convert the song first with the Multi-Genre Model

Then you convert the instrumental with the stacked model, and it removes additional left-over vocals, mostly in the mid-high range.

The Multi-Genre model and other main models like it are the primary remover models.
    The stacking style models are the second, third, fourth pass etc.

Bear in mind that each additional pass with the stacking model will bear less results. The first pass will always yield mostly vocals, and additional passes will yield more instrumentation, so the trick is figuring out the sweet spot. How many passes get the audio as good as it can before it starts to degrade. Also, some 'parts' of a track may do better with more passes than other 'parts'. So really, if you want to be a perfectionist... you need to look over every additional vocal track that the stacking model provides and decide what to reinsert into the instrumental, like you would with the original Multi-Genre Model conversion.

All this being said, if you all are converting with the Multi-Genre first and then the Stacking Model and getting poor results, ... then there is a bug. :)
    Ah, gotcha. I ran an already converted track through the stack model and now I see what you meant. It actually does work quite well, I'm pleased with the results.

4. 19-06-2020  #214

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    Same for me with the track I tried. more vocal bits were left in the instrumental than with not using it.
    Ok so multigen first and then stacked.. Thanks ChrisCall
    Last edited by chilinvilin; 19-06-2020 at 10:00.

5. 19-06-2020  #215

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Thank you so much for explaining that ChrisCall!

I apologize everyone! I should have made that clearer in my first update. The stacked model is ONLY for tracks converted through the Multi-Genre Model. The stacked model is essentially a "clean up" model.

6. 19-06-2020  #216

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    Thank you so much for explaining that ChrisCall!

I apologize everyone! I should have made that clearer in my first update. The stacked model is ONLY for tracks converted through the Multi-Genre Model. The stacked model is essentially a "clean up" model.
    No worries man. Your work is highly appreciated. Brad even wants to promote it once it hits a level he's comfortable with backing. You're doing huge leaps and bounds. A little more and nothing can touch what you do.

7. 19-06-2020  #217

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @ChrisCall Good call. pun intended. Thanks for pointing that out. Trying it now with a track already ran through the colab method. I'll post results from that method and then try it running untouched track through multigen then stacked.

8. 19-06-2020  #218

Runner

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    I apologize for the confusion, I didn't see this response.

That GPU is a little old and might not support the version of Cuda needed to run this AI on the GPU. Did you also install the Cuda driver that links to the Nvidia website, or did you just install the version of PyTorch that includes Cuda?

If you keep having issues, try installing the CPU version of PyTorch.
    I installed the Cuda driver linked in the post but during the installation I did get a pop-up saying the installer couldn't find an appropriate driver and some functions may not work properly. I removed the driver and installed the CPU version and now I'm getting another error:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	error2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	658

9. 19-06-2020  #219

Artist

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    I'm so thankful! Thaaaannnnkkksss!!:*
    [FONT=comic sans ms][I][B][U]Rafaelcrush[/U][/B][/I][/FONT]

10. 19-06-2020  #220

Platinum Legend

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    867 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @ChrisCall Good call. pun intended. Thanks for pointing that out. Trying it now with a track already ran through the colab method. I'll post results from that method and then try it running untouched track through multigen then stacked.
    Got me curious to hear your results