Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
  1. 30-10-2020  #411

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    - MGM-32000-512.pth - This model is very good at capturing lower end frequencies. So, on tracks that convert poorly on all of the other models should come out well on this one.
    - MGM-44100-512.pth - My tests of this model have shown this one to actually be the best one I've done to date.

If you used the GoogleColab version, what command did you use to do the inference?

2. 31-10-2020  #412

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    They are great sounding models, though I have not had a ton of time to test them yet. Life stuff is finally settling down now, so I just gotta wait for my headphones to get back from the shop so I can listen to the conversion results as best as possible.

Curiously though, (at least through my speakers), I felt like 32000-512 did the best job of the three on Rush - The Pass, though it was somewhat close with 44100-512 and 44100-1024 did the worst by a real margin. Geddy is a very high singer, so I found this interesting. I'm looking forward to trying some low range stuff though once my headphones are fixed :)

3. 31-10-2020  #413

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    - MGM-32000-512.pth - This model is very good at capturing lower end frequencies. So, on tracks that convert poorly on all of the other models should come out well on this one.
    - MGM-44100-512.pth - My tests of this model have shown this one to actually be the best one I've done to date.

If you used the GoogleColab version, what command did you use to do the inference?
    On Google Colab I usually use the multi model and the NP model for a comparison for most tracks. on the GUI I do run all 3 models to see which sounds best and usually Google Colab always comes out better for some reason. Or Google and GUI will come out the same in some cases. I'm not complaining as I'm sure due to single mixed tracks it'll never be 100% like the studio. But for the most part Google Colab has helped me in my needs the best. For anyone wanting cleaner stems run a track through the vocal remover first, then run the instrumental through demucs. I find the stems much cleaner doing that.
    Last edited by NewAgeRipper; 31-10-2020 at 23:23.

4. 02-11-2020  #414

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    @NewAgeRipper - I can't respond to your message. Says you exceeded your storage.

5. 03-11-2020  #415

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    ***GUI BETA UPDATE***

================================================== =========================

Bug Fixes -

~The application no longer cuts name off of some filenames after conversions.
    ~ Application now accepts all file types compatible with ffmpeg
    ~ (please install ffmpeg prior to running anything other than a wav file)

Changes -

~ The application will now read model parameters from filename (if present)
    ~ For example, a model with the filename "MGM-LOWEND_sr32000_hl512_w512_nf2048" will automatically fill the SR, HOP LENGTH, WINDOW SIZE, & N_FFT values
    ~ If the filename was "MGM-LOWEND", the SR, HOP LENGTH, WINDOW SIZE, & N_FFT values will auto-populate with the defaults.
    ~ The application reads these values from the following portion of the file "_sr32000_hl512_w512_nf2048"

~ A new option called "Model Test Mode" has been added.
    ~ This option is meant to make it easier for users to test the results of different models without having to manually create new folders and/or change the filenames.
    ~ When it's selected, the application will automatically generate a new folder with the name of the selected model in the "Save to" path you have chosen.
    ~ The completed files will have the selected model name appended to it and be saved to the auto-generated folder.

Here's a list of the models (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FIRST 2 MODELS LISTED AS THE PARAMETERS ARE SPECIFIED IN THE FILENAMES!):

- MGM-LOWEND_sr32000_hl512_w512_nf2048.pth - This model is good at capturing vocals on the low end of the spectrogram.
    - MGM-44100-512_sr44100_hl512_w512_nf2048.pth - This is a multi-genre model that was trained with a hop length size of 512. It's debatably the best model of this group.
    - MGM-44100-1024.pth - This is a multi-genre model trained with basic parameters.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q5xefq...v1102.zip/file

Here's the beta release for the Ultimate Vocal Remover GUI v4 with 3 brand new models!

Install Instructions:

1. Install Python via the following link and make sure to check the box that says "Add Python 3.6 to PATH" - https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.....6.8-amd64.exe
    2. Open the cmd prompt and run the following -

pip install Pillow
    pip install tqdm==4.30.0
    pip install librosa==0.6.3
    pip install opencv-python
    pip install numba==0.48.0
    pip install SoundFile
    pip install soundstretch
    pip install torch==1.6.0+cu101 torchvision==0.7.0+cu101 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html

3. Download Ultimate Vocal Remover GUI v4 Beta here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/nybrcj...-BETA.zip/file
    4. Extract the V4GUI-BETA folder to your documents from the zip file
    5. Now go into the V4GUI-BETA folder and double click the VocalRemover_v4.py to verify it works
    6. Create and place a shortcut for the VocalRemover_v4.py file to your desktop for easy access

***TROUBLESHOOTING***

- If the VocalRemover_v4.py file won't open under any circumstances, please do the following

1. Open the cmd prompt from the V4GUI-BETA directory
    2. Run the following - python VocalRemover_v4.py
    3. Copy and paste the error in the cmd prompt to the technical channel for further assistance
    Last edited by Anjok; 03-11-2020 at 07:21.

6. 04-11-2020  #416

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjok View Post
    ***GUI BETA UPDATE***

Bug Fixes -

~The application no longer cuts name off of some filenames after conversions.
    ~ Application now accepts all file types compatible with ffmpeg
    ~ (please install ffmpeg prior to running anything other than a wav file)

Changes -

~ The application will now read model parameters from filename (if present)
    ~ For example, a model with the filename "MGM-LOWEND_sr32000_hl512_w512_nf2048" will automatically fill the SR, HOP LENGTH, WINDOW SIZE, & N_FFT values
    ~ If the filename was "MGM-LOWEND", the SR, HOP LENGTH, WINDOW SIZE, & N_FFT values will auto-populate with the defaults.
    ~ The application reads these values from the following portion of the file "_sr32000_hl512_w512_nf2048"

~ A new option called "Model Test Mode" has been added.
    ~ This option is meant to make it easier for users to test the results of different models without having to manually create new folders and/or change the filenames.
    ~ When it's selected, the application will automatically generate a new folder with the name of the selected model in the "Save to" path you have chosen.
    ~ The completed files will have the selected model name appended to it and be saved to the auto-generated folder.

Here's a list of the models (PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE FIRST 2 MODELS LISTED AS THE PARAMETERS ARE SPECIFIED IN THE FILENAMES!):

- MGM-LOWEND_sr32000_hl512_w512_nf2048.pth - This model is good at capturing vocals on the low end of the spectrogram.
    - MGM-44100-512_sr44100_hl512_w512_nf2048.pth - This is a multi-genre model that was trained with a hop length size of 512. It's debatably the best model of this group.
    - MGM-44100-1024.pth - This is a multi-genre model trained with basic parameters.

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/q5xefq...v1102.zip/file

Here's the beta release for the Ultimate Vocal Remover GUI v4 with 3 brand new models!

Install Instructions:

1. Install Python via the following link and make sure to check the box that says "Add Python 3.6 to PATH" - https://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.....6.8-amd64.exe
    2. Open the cmd prompt and run the following -

pip install Pillow
    pip install tqdm==4.30.0
    pip install librosa==0.6.3
    pip install opencv-python
    pip install numba==0.48.0
    pip install SoundFile
    pip install soundstretch
    pip install torch==1.6.0+cu101 torchvision==0.7.0+cu101 -f https://download.pytorch.org/whl/torch_stable.html

3. Download Ultimate Vocal Remover GUI v4 Beta here - http://www.mediafire.com/file/nybrcj...-BETA.zip/file
    4. Extract the V4GUI-BETA folder to your documents from the zip file
    5. Now go into the V4GUI-BETA folder and double click the VocalRemover_v4.py to verify it works
    6. Create and place a shortcut for the VocalRemover_v4.py file to your desktop for easy access

***TROUBLESHOOTING***

- If the VocalRemover_v4.py file won't open under any circumstances, please do the following

1. Open the cmd prompt from the V4GUI-BETA directory
    2. Run the following - python VocalRemover_v4.py
    3. Copy and paste the error in the cmd prompt to the technical channel for further assistance
    To my ears the new models sound like they give the same results as the last ones. The 44100-1024 doesn't auto set to that in the SR and HOP. It sets to 33075-384 but you can change it manually still. The other 2 auto set as intended.

7. 04-11-2020  #417

Mega Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    will you update it on Colab Google soon?

8. 05-11-2020  #418

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emulek88 View Post
    will you update it on Colab Google soon?
    We're still trying to determine if there is really much difference in improvement to warrant updating Google Colab. I need @Anjok to tell me the songs he's tested that make the 44100-512 model better than previously to compare between the 2. Also no one else has been giving any feedback on this really.

9. 05-11-2020  #419

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    I have noticed a "bug" with short songs. Not just songs, any audio file in general, that is less than 30-40 sec. (haven't tested that).
    The conversion fails at the end of the sample, essentially not removing the vocals from the song, kinda weird.

Here's a recent sample I did, but I noticed that this has been happening for a long time https://wetransfer.com/downloads/b5e...5100341/2e003b

10. 05-11-2020  #420

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    I'm still waiting for my headphones. Can't really test anything until I get them back. My speakers are pretty good, but it's hard to hear the small differences on tracks that convert well. Need the headphones for that.