Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lensbrank View Post
    Thank you very much again, Anjok!

A friend of mine tested the new model and it turns out that it appears to give better results but also worse results:

For example with Crush 40 - I am... All of Me, the vocals can be heard more compared to the previous model.

With the "His World" Sonic theme, it outputs a really good result with less vocals.

By the way I'm not criticizing anything, just giving what I noticed with it so far (and I know it's still in development) :)
    I don't take that as criticism at all! That's actually really good feedback, the kind that helps me improve these models! I've noticed the exact same thing, this model is good at some the other one was poor at and vice versa.

2. 16-10-2020  #392

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djtayz View Post
    Can you try with an older model to see if it's the v4 that's causing issues or something else is wrong?
    Yeah. I can install the current one listed in the original post to see.

3. 16-10-2020  #393

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    @djtayz is something going on with Google Colab? The Multi-Genre 2.0 isn't converting. Multi-Genre NP and HP seem to be fine though.

#FIFTH STEP - MULTI-GENRE 2.0

!python multi-genre-secondgen.py --input "/content/drive/Evanescence - Wasted On You.flac" --gpu 0

loading model... done
    loading wave source... Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "multi-genre-secondgen.py", line 104, in
    main()
    File "multi-genre-secondgen.py", line 39, in main
    args.input, args.sr, False, dtype=np.float32, res_type='kaiser_fast')
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/librosa/core/audio.py", line 119, in load
    with audioread.audio_open(os.path.realpath(path)) as input_file:
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/audioread/__init__.py", line 111, in audio_open
    return BackendClass(path)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/audioread/rawread.py", line 62, in __init__
    self._fh = open(filename, 'rb')
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/content/drive/Evanescence - Wasted On You.flac'

4. 16-10-2020  #394

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    @djtayz is something going on with Google Colab? The Multi-Genre 2.0 isn't converting. Multi-Genre NP and HP seem to be fine though.

#FIFTH STEP - MULTI-GENRE 2.0

!python multi-genre-secondgen.py --input "/content/drive/Evanescence - Wasted On You.flac" --gpu 0

loading model... done
    loading wave source... Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "multi-genre-secondgen.py", line 104, in
    main()
    File "multi-genre-secondgen.py", line 39, in main
    args.input, args.sr, False, dtype=np.float32, res_type='kaiser_fast')
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/librosa/core/audio.py", line 119, in load
    with audioread.audio_open(os.path.realpath(path)) as input_file:
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/audioread/__init__.py", line 111, in audio_open
    return BackendClass(path)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/dist-packages/audioread/rawread.py", line 62, in __init__
    self._fh = open(filename, 'rb')
    FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/content/drive/Evanescence - Wasted On You.flac'
    As far as I can tell, it's something to do with the audio file, when you upload a song wait a couple of seconds before attempting to convert it, to give Colab time to update. Also try to rename it to a single word if it still doesn't work.

5. 16-10-2020  #395

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Really odd, I didn't change anything but the new model won't load now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_10.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	686

6. 16-10-2020  #396

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    As far as I can tell, it's something to do with the audio file, when you upload a song wait a couple of seconds before attempting to convert it, to give Colab time to update. Also try to rename it to a single word if it still doesn't work.
    Lol, this happened with songs that were already uploaded for weeks. I tried it with several and same result.

7. 16-10-2020  #397

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    I just set it all up as new again and it's working. Apparently I caused a corruption in the code string and didn't see it or know what it was. But working fine now.

8. 17-10-2020  #398

Executive Producer

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NewAgeRipper View Post
    I just set it all up as new again and it's working. Apparently I caused a corruption in the code string and didn't see it or know what it was. But working fine now.
    Glad it's working. There is a way to set up a Colab project without the need of uploading files to your drive, you just open it, run the code, upload your song and then download it, after closing the project the files are deleted. I think it's better and it would be easier to update

9. 17-10-2020  #399

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Glad it's working. There is a way to set up a Colab project without the need of uploading files to your drive, you just open it, run the code, upload your song and then download it, after closing the project the files are deleted. I think it's better and it would be easier to update
    Yeah? Maybe you can show us.

10. 26-10-2020  #400

Superstar DJ

Credits
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    Hey guys! I'm still working on getting the next round of models released, as well as the GUI changes. I'm trying to iron everything out and make it as easy to use as possible. I'm keeping track of all of the issues everyone has been experiencing.

@NewAgeRipper - Thank you for your raw feedback on the installation process. I've taken all of your concerns into consideration in testing and drafting new documentation for the new version of the A.I.

Regarding the GoogleColab, I've been pretty hands off of it. @djtayz - Although I've confirmed the GUI will never work with GoogleColab, are there any code changes you'd like me to implement that might make the process easier? Let me know and I'll edit the code accordingly.
    Last edited by Anjok; 26-10-2020 at 05:30.